 Trains / 15426
Re: Santa Fe Numbers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:34:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bert Giesen writes:
there was a set numbered 3605, this was a fabuland set (Ricky Raccoon and
his Scooter)
number 3915 was a keychain (Race Car Driver Key Chain)

Thanks Bert. I've either mixed up my numbers or keyed the wrong ones into
LUGNET... I hope its the latter, as I've already put them in the SF Reg...

I can't say I care much for Ricky Raccoon or his Scooter. ;)

Thanks again

Scott A

=+=
Have you inspected Arthur’s Seat yet?
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=scotta

"A reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable
man persists in attempting to adapt his environment to suit himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." (GBS)
=+=

Bert

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.trains, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
I have a 6027 Bat Lord's Catapult

My Santa Fe just arrived - it's number A3666.  From the registry, it • looks
to be the first one with a '666' in it.  The equivalent set <set:3666> is
the Fabuland Service Station, btw.  [::Turns to side camera::] Grreat.

Well I got 3605, 3915 and one which I doubt I'll open for a while. Neither
of my opened 10020 numbers refers to a set or even a part... YET! But, • using
google, I did find a real train numbered 3605:

http://ghostdepot.com/rg/images/royal%20gorge%20route/palmer%20lake%20freigh
t%20train%203605%20locomotive%201954%20oppc.jpg

Better than a Fabuland Service Station any day!

The set and the parts look great, but it is a pity there are so many
stickers(1) - esp the ones on the roof fans.

Lastly, I was not surprised to note that both my red bases were • warped/bent.
Other than that, I'm happy!

Scott A

PS: Remember, if #6 were a train he'd have said "I'M NOT A NUMBER! I'M A
FREE TRAIN!!!!"... but just not free enough to leave the rails as that was
before BR went private. ;)

(1) I'm no fan of stickers, and I wish lego would supply a few sheets per
set where they must use them. I'd pay the extra 5p it'd cost them to do • that.

=+=
Have you inspected Arthur's Seat yet?
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=scotta

"A reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable
man persists in attempting to adapt his environment to suit himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." (GBS)
=+=

The numbers will remain in the packet however, as it's going to wear the
'27' stickers, and be assembled on the 27th (my birthday).  Not sure if • the
front ones will go on, or just the side ones (so I could maybe swap for • the
printed ones later).

I'm tempted to take a scalpel to the STAMP too, so that the whole thing • can
be disassembled.  Anyone got any advice on how best to do this?  Like,
before or after the sticker is applied?

I'll probably get another if the fabled B-kit appears, but not until.

Jason J Railton