 Trains / 15635
15634  |  15636
Subject:
a "blue" caboose in 6 wide
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 03:02:36 GMT

I got around to making a caboose (that I'm proud enough of to post about)
since it seems to be popular thing to do right now. It didn't end like it
started out, that's for sure! It started out as a red and grey wide-vision.
It just kept being too tall and too long so I chopped and chopped and added
and added until it is as you see it now. The doors don't open but I figure
since it isn't a real train car that doesn't matter. I have found that
trying to make everything work as it would in real life in a MOC takes away
from my creativity, it just has to mimic the look of working (like the rear
door on the Super Chief). Ah, what a load....I just like the blue train
doors. I'm going to try to put more/better pics up tomarry but I'm having
this wierd Brickshelf login thing. I'll see what happens. Unfortunately now
I have to re-build my diesel cause it looks to short next to the new
caboose. I know I should build it 8 wide to solve the height to length to
width disproportion but I like to build within the limitations of 6. I think
I'll go back and add some more blue above the corrugated bricks and see how
that looks. Anyway I hope you can make it out from the pics. Let me know if
they are too dark.
                              Jim