 Trains / 15594
Re: The "Unknown" Santa Fe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 03:43:14 GMT

Not that this is any big festouche, mind you...

After I checked both dictionaries by my computer and then hiked down to the
basement to the OED, all without results, I looked up "festouche" on Google--
now THAT certainly calls to mind an image.

I'll say this, now that I know (well, believe anyway) there are unnumbered
ones coming I have half a mind not to open my remaining numbered ones... its
a bit like Schroedinger's cat... who knows what neatness may be in there
numberwise? Why spoil it?

So Lar, you have one listed in the registry-- tell me you weren't lucky
enough that the only one you opened was numbered under 100!

Which *raises* another question-- I have more than the one I have opened so
far, and I suspect you and others do too.  Part of me feels I should list
it/them as unknown numbers, but another part of me feels it's no one's *&#!
business how many I have.  Plus I know of others who have bought more than one
and haven't listed any.  I wonder if there could be an anonymous listing of
unknown numbers or something.

40 bucks is chump change in my budget.

I've scrimped for enough years that I'll never consider 40 bucks chump change,
and I'm used to getting a big bang for my LEGO buck-- I got my SES and 6597 for
$15 each in January and Launch and Load a couple of years ago for (IIRC) $9
(although it was missing forklift and truck).  The only sets I'm willing to pay
full price for are normally ones only available through S@H.

I know you said you didn't like the numbering aspect. And if LEGO(r) had
said, "10K and that is ALL" I'd be in your camp. But if you don't like
numbers, just wait. Meanwhile we will have our fun.

It is fun in a frivolous way.  I admit I'm kind of caught up in it.

Maggie