 Trains / 15601
Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib, part Zwei
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 16:41:42 GMT

This shot:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=129846 • [snip]
a-MAY-zing!!!!

2 - Yes, Ben I am talking about you... you're a bad influence. Next you're
going to be telling us that LEGO has plans to make gray train wheels.

All I gave as forecast in the beginning of 2002 has been the statement, that
there would be no new train sets released in 2002. Again a huge
disinformation..... Ashes on my head for that. (I simply believed the guy from
TLC who told me so).

Concerning Homas pictures you are right: great stuff! I'd like to see the
wolves hut built next to the DE-train.

I have no idea how that happened, but I think Homa's visit  has in fact been
the news of the day and the top headline in that Newspaper. At least I myself
have not photoshopped here and have no information about any "fakery" by Homa.

Kind Regards,

Ben

P.s.:
I think Alan is right with Namibia having been the only German colony in
Africa. But that is only a very small side note in German history.
The last German Kaiser (Willhelm II - always suffering on a inferiority complex
because of a handycapped sword arm) has had the idea, the Germans needed - as
the other European countries - "ein(en) "Platz an der Sonne" (a place at the
sun). It ended with the Brits throwing "us" out of Africa at "El Alamain" in WW
II (but that is the beginning of the ending of another story...).
Nowadays we are more successful in occupieing these places as tourists.