 Trains / *8169 (-100)
  Re: Barcode Scanner programmed train set-up - thoughts please!!!

(...) Indeed it does. <snip> (...) of (...) Thanks Dean! It seems that what you did with the Scout should also be possible with the Barcode Scanner. I would appreciate it if you could send me some more detailed specs/instructions! Wessel (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Meeting in Germany

(...) Oops, you're right - my mistake! I posted this right after reading the post about Christer's ICE train ((URL) so I mixed up the names :-( yep, that's me.... and just for your information, I don have a lugnet # yet. Thank you all for the great (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

(...) Oops, you're right - my mistake! I posted this right after reading the post about Christer's ICE train ((URL) so I mixed up the names :-( -Frank (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

(...) It's not Christer but Sonnich Jensen. Regards, Ben (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: More Thomas Engines: James

(...) Right you are. Maybe he means a feedwater heater? Those sometimes are outside mounted. ++Lar (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: More Thomas Engines: James

(...) Um. Um um...the _superheater_ goes _inside_ the boiler, not outside :) (of course, it is not the great Lar++, that would be much more fun! he never makes Misteaks!) Nicely done, I like how the boiler is constructed. A Q1 might look good done (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

(...) Nothing too spectacular, a Rockmonster is printed on the inside of the RockRaider mug and it appeared after I drank the coffee. It was funny "Hey! A Rockmonster!" so Holger drank his coffee immediately to see what was inside of the Slizers mug (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  More Thomas Engines: James

Here are some pics of an attempt to model James from the Thomas the Tank Engine stories. It was a joint effort between me and my 11 year old son. We tried to be as faithful to the original model of James from the videos (spent lots of time searching (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: A likeness of James from the Thomas the Tank Engine stories

Very nice, James! It was fun to see your rendering of James because my son and I have built one as well, and it is interesting to see the similarities and differences in our two interpretations. We brought ours to the Kidvention in July, but I don't (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts

SRC <LEGOArches@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G2JFwE.DBF@lugnet.com... (...) show. (...) I (...) and (...) track (...) to (...) Not (...) run (...) boys (...) it (...) donation (...) about (...) I contacted Brad and made a request for some help. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

Frank Buiting wrote in message ... (...) Thanks Frank! What's the story behind the Rockmonster? Rose (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

I've just been enjoying Ben's photos taken at the Muelheim meeting. Very nice settings for the models. Nice photos, too. (URL) Ben. I really enjoyed seeing them! later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

"r2" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:G2JKt8.501@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) Ben has a good picture over here: (URL) don't know if the two people on the left post on LUGNET... The guy with the grey coat is Casper van Nimwegen (LUGNUT #196) (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: a couple of 8-wide train pictures

(...) that (...) Another precinct heard from! Not without handrails, it doesn't. They'll fall off, and OSHA will have your operating license. :-) ++Lar (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

Great pictures, Frank. I would like to know if any LUGNET posters are in the pictures. It is always nice to have a face to place with a name. Rose Frank Buiting wrote in message ... (...) :-) (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: a couple of 8-wide train pictures

(...) I think it needs more people. -John (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Andy's Train Creations

(...) Looks like you guys were having a lot of fun. Well, wish I could have been there but I was riding the Bluebell Railway, a fullsize steam preservation operation. Located between Brighton and London (more or less) it features about 20-30 (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A likeness of James from the Thomas the Tank Engine stories

(...) the "Thomas (...) Good luck! Remember, EVERY club needs a Thomas, and some of his friends. :-) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: a couple of 8-wide train pictures

(...) A pilot is the part of the engine frame assembly that is forward of the truck (or behind it, at the rear) and forward of the pilot steps. In the olden days of steam, a locomotive might have a cowcatcher pilot, which was pointed and had bars so (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Andy's Train Creations

Hi Larry, indeed, Andreas is a great train-creator! He mailed to me that he already answered the questions. I will ask again, if he could post them on lugnet.trains so everybody interested could read the answers and even more. My 2nd hand comments (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Christer Sunesson's ICE

Looks like an ICE train is in development. This one by Christer Sunesson at the BrickShelf Gallery. Not sure if it's been announced here before or not. (URL) Mathis (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts

(...) We're looking at incorporating a kid's play area into our show layouts. How did TLC's donation come about? Did Brad contact you or vice versa? SRC NALug (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  real lego layout

Has anyone ever attempted to make a real layout like ones in Model RailRoader? You know made for opperation and really cool? kai (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A likeness of James from the Thomas the Tank Engine stories

(...) Nice James, James! (Sorry, couldn't resist!) I have to go back and look at our Thomas etc books to build a Thomas for the show we're doing next month... Annie and Clarabel are going to be a challenge though. Kevin ---...--- Personal Lego Web (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: a couple of 8-wide train pictures

(...) To show my ignorance, I have to ask a question: What is a 'pilot'? (You mean Han Solo sitting in the engineer's seat? <grin>) I'm guessing you mean the snowplow on the front?? To the rest of the world: The GMLTC considers Larry to be a 'train (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

Hi all, after that great day yesterday I just added my brickshelf galeries: (URL) thanks to Ben, Frank Buiting, Jan and Pudie for taking digital pictures!!!! My own analogue pictures will be developped and scaned in a while ;-(( You'll find my (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  A likeness of James from the Thomas the Tank Engine stories

I have tried to make a toyish steam looking engine. The intent was to have it look like locomotive named "James" from the "Thomas the Tank Engine" stories. The power unit is just the 9volt LEGO train motor. I have a 12 volt unit with wheel linkage (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Barcode Scanner programmed train set-up - thoughts please!!!

(...) I wouldn't recommend this way. I do not know if the Barcode device can handle battery 'errors'. I've just done this for my Scout. *Warning! I'm assuming the Barcode reader using 9 volts! IF it doesn't use whatever is rated for it instead!) Get (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: a couple of 8-wide train pictures

(...) Yes, I was thinking "why do that" till I took another look at the front window bars which cannot have a red stripe since they are 2 1x1s... (...) I'd rework the pilot, those slopes don't look quite right. Nice, otherwise. (...) Larry (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Close-Coupled Three Car Monorail additions

Oh cool! Now I really want another monorail set! I really like the sliding condutors seat! :: : Kyle : :: www.hvl.cjb.net (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Close-Coupled Three Car Monorail additions

Oh cool! Now I really want another monorail set! I really like the sliding condutors seat! :: : Kyle : :: www.hvl.cjb.net (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Andy's Train Creations

(...) Andreas (...) I think Andreas has been answering questions directly by email, I got a lot more detail on the pantograph questions I asked mailed directly to me from him. We gotta get him on here, man. This guy is good. Just think what he could (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Close-Coupled Three Car Monorail additions

Further revisions and photos of my three car close-coupled monorail are now presented at: (URL) Mathis (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts

Just a follow up to the results of the Kids area at the recent NGLTC show. First of all it worked great, these kids were climbing over each other to play. So next show the table will have to be twice as big. For this show I had a 3'x6' table, 2' (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  (canceled)

  Barcode Scanner programmed train set-up - thoughts please!!!

Hello everybody! Some time ago I acquired the Technic Barcode multi-Set. I've used its Barcode Scanner to write little programs for my trains and it works pretty good. For example I put a touch sensor brick on the track and programmed the Barcode (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

(...) Yes completely managed by Legofan Peter Reinartz, who is collector off all old kind of Lego stuff from wooden toys till the era of the closed Lego-"O" began in 1971(?). I think he owns more than the worths of a small house in Lego materials... (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

Hi Selcuk, nice that you like my vehicle headed crane. That one isn't finished jet, I build it as an eyecatcher for the fair.... That Sunday morning was a special LEGO fair!! It was held for the second time in Muelheim in Germany. Some traders (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

Amazing models (I love the crane especially, being a vehicle headed type) and of course an amazing "shopping center". What kind of a shopping fair is this? A fan created one? There are great amounts of very very rare items, including the early (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

That crane is quite gorgeous! Two questions: 1. Does it all fold away or it is it really a static display model? 2. As far as I can see from the images it doesn't have a hook or anything to actually lift objects. Does it have a method for lifting (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

This looks like a great get together for LEGO Train fans in Germany!!!! Thanks for taking and posting the photos. Beautiful building fronts. I like the roadway with lower trackside. Well done. Many good creations, new and old, in a very nice forum. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Brick'n Fun Fest - Orlando, Florida, USA...

Greetings Florida LEGO Fans, In less then two week the Brick’n Fun Fest kicks off in Orlando, Florida! The home base of the fest is the Greater Florida LEGO Train Club display at the Great American Train Show. We will have our main display plus (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: a couple of 8-wide train pictures

(...) John, Your locomotive is quite excellent. However,it looks more to me like a GP-40 (without dynamic brakes) rather than an SD-50. The GP-40 is a four motor diesel, and your engine is a dead ringer. -Harvey (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: a couple of 8-wide train pictures

(...) I was going to suggest checking Kevin's GP 38, but I also wanted to suggest my design. (URL) also thought about using thread and little antennas/joy sticks. If the thread is held taught, and glued to the antennas it might look right. Oh, I (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: a couple of 8-wide train pictures

(...) The motors are not symmetrical - if they're on the 'wrong' way they hang up on the stairs. It's a *very* close fit! And I have no idea if it will handle the grades that the GMLTC is planning for our next layout... JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

Thanks Frank, for sharing these great pictures with us. I'm just trying to upload further photographs I have taken in Muelheim and in Dinslaken at Ralfs home. I really enjoyed this day and the meeting with so many people I only knew by postings in (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meeting in Germany

(...) Hi Frank, well done - fantastic pictures are following a fantastic day in Muelheim and Ralf's garden. Some words about my red-white-crane. Like my train-crane (the yellow one) the inspiration came from a real GOTTWALD crane. That company used (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: a couple of 8-wide train pictures

(...) Go for it - if it's in the interest of increasing the recognition factor, go right ahead. Lego uses stickers, why can't you? (...) Check out my 8-wide GP-38-2, at (URL) picture in question includes some rough digital enhancements for the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Meeting in Germany

Today a couple of AFOLs met in Muelheim. It was great to meet all those people you only know by email and LUGNET postings! In the morning there was a sale in Muelheim and in the afternoon we build a big loop in the back of someone's garden (I think (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  a couple of 8-wide train pictures

I just posted the first couple of pictures of my Union Pacific SD-50 model. (URL) to the 'purists': I used a small amount of red striping tape to make the horizontal line around the cab. I'm still debating using some decals to add some detail to the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V Train System

Yes, it can be made to work; my 12V system works just fine here in the US. I just got another 7863 to up my number of remote controlled points to a whopping 4--I need to set my system up sometime soon again :-) Since the 7864 was never sold in an (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V Train System

Do you mean you need an adapter from 230V 50Hz to 110V 60Hz? I'm sure something exists. Alternatively you could try and source an American 12V Lego Train Controller. Nicholas Allan Lars Brandt <lfbrandt@home.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Andy's Train Creations

(...) Not so new; I have been building my trains SNOT (Studs Not On Top) for years. The only stud visible is when I pose with my MOCs[1] <g,d,&r> [1] If that joke escapes translation, LMK and I will explain:-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  12V Train System

I have a 12v lego train system: train, track, switches, and controller. I got them as a kid in Germany. Is there any way to make this system work in the American electronic system? I'm not an electronic guru, but Radio Shack doesn't seem to have a (...) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Andy's Train Creations

Hi again, I have read all your comments and questions. I am not sure, but I think Andreas doesn't post on lugnet ;-(( But I will contact him by E-Mail and give him all your questions! Andreas build another 8-wide engine, see pictures on his gallery (...) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Big Hook is back

unless the flange on the middle (...) My dad did, with my new loco...oh, wait, that's not lego :) (The engine at (URL) the first 3 photos. He kind of had a accident with it, and it went down to the ground...broke the flange off one wheel, so he (...) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Big Hook is back

(...) Sorry if I seemed overly critical. Stretching the borders of what TLC did and revising/extending is how you learn. You're doing fine, don't worry. Keep it up. I do think you ought to see if you can't get all your crane folders with one picture (...) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Big Hook is back

(...) and (...) Being relatively new to LEGO trains and cyberspace as well, I am still learning. In the case of my crane, I am simply using the available parts in my LEGO inventory to enhance existing sets. However I am building original stuff of my (...) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Big Hook is back

(...) Fair enough. Of course, my Hiawatha is 8 wide:-) I just wanted to chime in the fact that one could move them apart and still have them work in turns. One full stud apart doesn't work, however, unless the flange on the middle wheel was trimmed (...) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Big Hook is back

John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message news:39E77D30.91241D...est.net... (...) don't put (...) my (...) together (...) I agree but since the whole six wide thing looks "toyish" I figure I might as well be consistent with my models :) jt (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Train show web page

Greetings! I have finally got my web pages about our September train show participation past all the local critics :-), so I'm announcing them here. They can be seen at: (URL) also put up a little page for Lego fans that are also geeks: (URL) Don't (...) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Are the new Duplo trains a sign?

(...) Sigh, I meant north America. We all know of the *FINDS* to be had over seas... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G2E8ty.GFt@lugnet.com... (...) prices (...) stores (...) Stores in Sweden do as well. I found both 4555 and 4532 in a toy store in Kista. They had track as well. Mike - (...) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Are the new Duplo trains a sign?

(...) Which is a regional thing. I was just at a ToyWorld here in Bournemouth, Dorset, UK, and they have track, both kinds, and points. Ripoff Britain prices of course, but stores in the UK do indeed sell the train line. As did stores in Germany and (...) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Modified 4565 engine

(...) Sadly the Akasa Server died this morning but my tech ensures me it will be online again tonight. It would seem it was just bad timing on your part. heh heh. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Modified 4565 engine

(...) Robin (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: My Big Hook is back

(...) *Actually*, I have successfully used 3 trucks separated by a half stud in my Hiawatha tender with no trouble in the corners. The 3 wheels right together looks too toyish.... -John (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Are the new Duplo trains a sign?

(...) The only issue is LEGO's refusal to allow stores to sell their train products... (...) I agree. I like the Duplo Trains. They are cute. (...) I agree again, Most of the 2000 line is looking quite good. The Adventures Dino stuff is GREAT. (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Are the new Duplo trains a sign?

(...) This phenomenon seems to be not unique to Lego. Around where I live it is quite easy to find the Thomas trains or the Brio trains in the toy stores, while you have to go to special hobby shops for the sophisticated stuffs. To me the new Duplo (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Big Hook is back

(...) Oh yes, of course... Silly me. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Big Hook is back

I've used three trucks together and they work find as long as you don't put any space between them, just put them all together. jt -- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) Husby <nntp@akasa.bc.ca> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Andy's Train Creations

(...) Nah, he uses the same technique that Tom McDonald uses for his guitars: The fingers go into the slots on the 1x2 tiles with grilles. And then the centre stud under the grille goes into the hollow stud on a 1x2 plate with one stud. That's a (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: Andy's Train Creations

(...) Wondering that myself. My guess is that the rod hinge bars have their fingers force fit into the bottom of that 1x2 plate. Could not tell for sure, though. (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Big Hook is back

(...) I didn't think the Curves could handle 3 sets of trucks? How does yours corner? Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Andy's Train Creations

Agreed! Beautiful LEGO train creations by Andreas. I hope to eventually learn answers to the following two questions: 1. How are the two red commuter passenger cars coupled together? 2. Concerning the red locomotive, how are the top bars are the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Big Hook is back

(...) Here's some feedback, I think you should put all your pictures into one folder, you might be doing something wrong, it seems like it's one picture per folder right now... This crane seems interesting enough but it's not all that different from (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: my first own train creation is online...

hmmmm that could be a start for a DSB (Danish State Railawys) their trains are red! -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Adriling Sent: 12. oktoober 2000. A. 18:52 To: (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  My Big Hook is back

Friends, I've brought back my breakdown crane. Leaner,meaner and yes, more of the red and black attack. Three-axle trucks, the crane body is much longer and more built up too. Plus I've added access ladders for the minifig operator so he doesn't (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Andy's Train Creations

Gosh there gorgeous looking creations! You're right; they look unbelievably realistic. Anyone know if he's on Lugnet at all? I hope he has more where those came from. Nicholas Allan Holger Matthes <matthes@fh-aachen.de> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: my first own train creation is online...

(...) O.K., I tell you a secret :-) This was my first step in building the 7740 completly in red (nearly done are the 7819 and 7820 in red / for the engine I still need too many parts but it will follow and I first have to complete my blue steam (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Andy's Train Creations

(...) Yeah,I like them! As a 8-wide builder myself I can't but be happy for the growing-up of the 8-wide community. keep on with the good work,Andreas! PS: Andreas,I can't understand if the crocodile is the austrian (OBB) one or the swiss (BVZ) one. (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Modified 4565 engine

(...) engine. (URL) colour changes. Blue, Yellow and I JUST completed a Gray version. Looks nasty! (URL) latter one was inspired by the fact that a 2001 Studio set will include 3 of the 4x8 (with 2x6 studs) plates in Gray! But I couldn't wait and (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Something different

(...) you (...) throwing (...) on (...) at (...) Paul, nice models, but try lugnet.modelteam Regards, ROSCO (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.modelteam)

  Modified 4565 engine

Hello Train fans, I've rebuilt my 4565 engine. It may look ordinary at first but I've added some modifications. 1.Dummy headlights above the radiator grilles. 2.A fuel tank beneath the frame. 3.Dual black horns with a rotary beacon on the roof,and (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Andy's Train Creations

Hi all, I just discoverd Andreas' Train Creations on brickshelf: (URL) think, he is on the way to set a new standard in 8-wide train creations! Especially the passenger train looks sooooo realistic!!! I like to see more of these fantastic (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: my first own train creation is online...

Hi Adrian, nice to see alternative colours on original LEGO trains!! And what about the engine? Would it be in just-red also? Waiting for more pictures... Keep on bricking! Holger (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: my first own train creation is online...

(...) Adrian, very nicely done! I like how you used the red wheels from the 12V series on you car. Am I correct in assuming that this is a trolley? If so, then red is the perfect color for this. Keep building those trains, Harvey Henkelman (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation

PNLTC 'organized' or, rather, met under the name in June 1997 so that applications could be submitted for the Sept. and Oct. GATS venues. We also started building tables at that time. Initial activity and pics were graciously posted by Ben on his (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  my first own train creation is online...

Hi Train'ees ! It's done, my first own train creation (a red waggon for the 7740) is online, it's nothing special but something which came in my mind and I simply had to build... If time just take a look @ (URL) bricking adrian PS: It's a flash-site (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Which to collect - 4.5v, 9v, 12v

Thanks for everybody's input. I have made a decision. I am going to buy as many of the 12V trains as I can afford. (I might even buy some to sell on eBay so I can afford more!) I can then always convert to 9V later on (if they are still available?). (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Model, MOC Fabuland Train

Thanks Now you mention it, it does remind me of train on a Tiny Toons video game. The motor is a #107 (URL) recently picked it up for US$7, complete & in new condition [no box]) I originally used the plug in train wheels but it was only 6 wide with (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: PNLTC - Steve ?

Steve's around. He posts to the train group periodically. I just did a search and his most recent post is from a couple of weeks ago: (URL) can get his email address there. I believe that he is on vacation this week, which is why he probably won't (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation

(...) okie dokie (...) Hmm. --Todd (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Monorail motor custom cover

Having misplaced (lost!?) my Airport Shuttle red monorail motor cover, I have tried to approximate a similar motor cover that I used to used. Both motor covers are shown at the BrickShelf: (URL) sure miss that special red cover, but I think I'm (...) (24 years ago, 11-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: additional sets in the LEGO Studios line

(...) No, not until you told me. Containers. More Containers. Many Many Many more containers! (my current container yard is 2x7 32 baseplates...and needs LOTS of containers) James (24 years ago, 11-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: additional sets in the LEGO Studios line

(...) Ohhh, nice clock! Did you also notice the GRAY 4x8 places with studs on 2x6? YE HA!!! Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 11-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Something different

"Paul Rutenberg" <Paul_germany@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G28ABo.8FJ@lugnet.com... (...) Model Team newsgroup is here: (URL) followup to this message is set to lugnet.modelteam ... (...) throwing (...) these as (...) writing (...) click on (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: Something different

In a 'round about way your post does have something (linkable) to LEGO trains. For, if it were not for the link you listed below, I would not have navigated to this web site: (URL) site above showcases many older LEGO sets. Many on display behind (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact