 Trains / 7766
7765  |  7767
Subject:
a couple of 8-wide train pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 20:06:52 GMT

I just posted the first couple of pictures of my Union Pacific SD-50 model.

Note to the 'purists':  I used a small amount of red striping tape to make the
horizontal line around the cab.  I'm still debating using some decals to add
some detail to the model, but I think it looks pretty good the way it is now.

There's a yellow 9volt battery box in the back end, it will be used to power
the headlight.  And yes, it's Han Solo and Chewbacca driving it!  :-)

I'm looking for suggestions on how to do the handrails, all the things I try
look to 'heavy' - I want to find something that looks more to scale.  Any
ideas?  (I'm tempted to leave them off completely...)

As always, comments and suggestions are welcome!

JohnG, GMLTC