 Trains / 7748
Re: Are the new Duplo trains a sign?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 20:47:22 GMT

Hao-yang Wang wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Steve Bliss writes:
The new DUPLO sets could indicate the LEGO thinks the target market
for train sets is 2-to-5.  If that's so, then System Train is doomed.

This phenomenon seems to be not unique to Lego. Around where I live it
is quite easy to find the Thomas trains or the Brio trains in the toy stores,
while you have to go to special hobby shops for the sophisticated stuffs.

The only issue is LEGO's refusal to allow stores to sell their train products...

To me the new Duplo trains are Lego's answer to the Thomas and the
Brio trains.

I agree. I like the Duplo Trains. They are cute.

If Lego really needs to juniorize things, do it correctly as in these Duplo
trains! (Fortunately Lego starts showing signs of reversing the trend of
juniorization. You might not like the flamboyant colors and designs in the
Race theme, but you have to agree that with this theme Lego has
achieved high playability without a bit of juniorization.)

I agree again, Most of the 2000 line is looking quite good. The Adventures Dino
stuff is GREAT.
Castle was quite sad though. No real joy in building the sets. But the pieces
were ok.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html