 Trains / *1382 (-100)
  Re: and the best train ever made by lego is...

You sound like a person who would appreciate a train setup running 2 4558's , 5 7740's , 2 7725's, 2 4547's , 2 4549's and a 7745. (this week) The greatest train that lego ever made?....Hmmm.....any train set that uses classic train windows and (...) (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: and the best train ever made by lego is...

So, what was the blue book on a low milage LEGO crane? Chris (...) (25 years ago, 29-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More train ranting (sorry)

(...) I said designing *for* trains, not designing *after* trains. :-) As many people regret, these are very different things with current LEGO developments. Eric (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: ldraw model of "thalys" high speed train

Thomas Burger wrote in message ... (...) mag. (...) I just took up the plan of building the Thalys too. Did you build one or are you just ging to draw one? BTW. I just finished my first satisfactory version of a dutch Hondekop-train, pictures (...) (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: and the worst train lego has ever made is...

i have never seen one of those locos so i cant say. i was talking more about the cars,the cranes and the color scheme. red+black looks ugly. all black would have been beter. (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

Hi John, I am glad you like your Mac. I would like to help out with the logo dilemma. Send me the files you made. I love playing with graphics files, and who knows, maybe I can make a contribution. John Matthews P.S. Macs DO NOT rule! :) John Neal (...) (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

Ha, all this talk about incompetent John;-) I have all of the necessary software (artwork is in Adobe Illustrator, I have Adobe Photoshop). I use AI primarily and photoshop minimally (usually just scan aquiring for now), but hope to utilize it more (...) (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

(...) That's strange, John sent me some early graphics before the name was finalized and I was able to see them fine. Maybe John can try sending them to me if he sees this. (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: and the worst train lego has ever made is...

(...) What are you talking about? The engine looks kind of like a GE 44 tonner and as for the construction equipment, it's fairly harmless. 4559 looks nothing like a real train. 4565 is OK. It's also a good set for parts. I have about 8 4559s and 4 (...) (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: and the best train ever made by lego is...

(...) Sell them off. I just want the wagon plate and all the containers. (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

(...) from the entry point - lego page - last item befor the boilerplate There are 3 logos on the page you get from taking that choice. (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

(...) I'm sure MACS can, I'm just not sure John Neal can. :-) Whenever he sent me stuff in the past, nothing I had could read it. This time, he printed it out from his drawing program (which I have no idea what it is... but it drives his silkscreen (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

Hi Larry, I should be able to convert the files, but not knowing what John sent you I cannot be certain. If you send them to me I'll give it a try. Chris Larry Pieniazek wrote: snip (I wrote snip, not Larry) (...) (25 years ago, 28-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: and the worst train lego has ever made is...

Ewwww...Freight and Crane Railway. Sorry, that is my least favorite. I don't like the engine, but that is not the worst of it. What is that thing hauling? LEGO should have skipped the building with the weighing station (actually the scale thing is (...) (25 years ago, 28-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A4 Class Locomotive teaser & Wheel count designations

(...) radius (...) side. (...) I agree with this too,but also interesting would be a straight track half the actual lenght.This would enable us to close the weird loops whe like to build,but couldn't be closed due to a offset of 8 studs. Replacing (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: and the best train ever made by lego is...

4558 Metro Liner and 7740 Inter City Train top the list 7725 is really neat. I am glad you out that number down (I had completely fogotten about it). Then 7745. Has anyone noticed that other than Jon (Jonathan Wilson) no one has listed a freight (...) (25 years ago, 28-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: and the best train ever made by lego is...

Just my $.02, but IMHO, the best were 7725, 7745 and 4558. I like the 7725 because it reminds me of the local light rail trolley where I live. It even has the same color scheme, just need to make some minor changes in detail. The 7745 was another (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cool suggestion: create a 9v train idea book

(...) ya know a 9V train idea book isnt that bad. if I were to make a idea book i would have a povray image,followed by a ldraw model,link to online instructions , and zip file of train now someone just get a webpage.. LOL or put it here on lugnet? (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: and the worst train lego has ever made is...

(...) the engine is nice. but the rest.. ?iffiey my opinion on this subject is the yellow and black pass train (like i know the # right off the top of my head?!?!?) it could of been better if maybe it had regular windows instead of those canopies. (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: and the worst train lego has ever made is...

it is just that it looks nothing like anything any railway in the world would make. sets like freight rail runner and load and haul railroad look like real freight trains. (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: and the worst train lego has ever made is...

What do you have against the Freight and Crane railway (4565)? I like it a lot, enough to buy two <g>. Kevin (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  desperatly seekign scanned copy of instructions to 3225 classic train

i am desperatly seeking a scanned copy of the instructions to the 3225 classic train. (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  ranking of the 9v train sets

here is my ranking of the 9v train sets from best to worst let me know if you aggree or disaggree with this 4558 metro liner 3225 classic train 4563 load and haul railroad 4564 freight rail runner 4559 cargo railway 4565 freight and crane railway (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

John Matthews wrote in message ... (...) you (...) the (...) Hey Larry, I missed the early part of this conversation. If you are looking for a very good software package for putting together graphics on the cheap, Image Ready by Adobe is great for (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

Oh sure, now it looks like I'm just doing this because you're pressing me... *grin* (URL) 3 more pics and text to follow, this is just part of the framework, I still need to credit the people who's art I'm stealing... (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

Am I missing something here? I thought macs could write .gif, .tiff, etc. I can't imagine there would be a need for someone to clean up the images you posted.... John Matthews Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: and the worst train lego has ever made is...

I think we will like the Cargo Railway and Freight n' Crane Railway more when we see more of the new junk. Robin W. (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: and the best train ever made by lego is...

I 2nd that Larry 7745, 7740 and 4558 are the best full sets made. But 4549 is just a accessory set and if it's accessories you like, I think 4552 is a better set. Plus it's the last good train set made! But most of the old set are better then the (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  and the worst train lego has ever made is...

i vote for cargo railway and freight and crane railway. i have not seen enough about the 1999 set to say. (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: and the best train ever made by lego is...

Certainly 7722 is nice enough but it does not hold a candle to 7745 or 7740, much less 4558. I have to tell you my favorite set is 4549, actually. But I am intermodal crazy. I wish I had gotten 10 of them at list instead of 2 of them for almost 200 (...) (25 years ago, 29-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

(...) Yes. However what I'm looking for is for someone with a good set of tools to grab the biggest one, reflood it with one red color, one white color, and one black color, to fix the miscolored areas which are artifacts of taking a mac format (...) (25 years ago, 29-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: and the best train ever made by lego is...

Jonathan, Well, I must agree with the Metroliner. You can get the nose piece from the Time series Flying Crap Boat. It has the top part, at least. I have 2 that I bought real cheap ($15) and still feel ripped off. I also had/have the 7722 and I used (...) (25 years ago, 29-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  cool suggestion: create a 9v train idea book

how about creating a 9v train idea book ourselvs, if TLG does not want to. we could have pictures of train models, ldrawn instructions etc etc etc. i would gladly contribute some of my designs to such a book. (25 years ago, 29-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  and the best train ever made by lego is...

which train is the best train ever made by lego? i like 7722 because i used to have one. i also like the metro liner because of the color scheme. it is the only grey passenger train ever made by lego and it has some unique pieces like the grey nose (...) (25 years ago, 29-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Teaser page

Nice pictures. As for the logo, you may want to save those images as .gif files. The .gif format is much better for this type of graphic. .jpg files are great for photographs and such, .gif is good for graphics that have wide expanses of one color (...) (25 years ago, 29-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Where can I get 4.5 volt tracks?

First, I must say that I probably will not set up my 4.5V trains for RC control, but it would be cool to see what you have done. Do you have pictures or more details? Thanks, Chris (...) (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  GMLTC Teaser page

These are the same 4 pictures I have given individual URLs for before but now, at last, they're in a page. Go to my site (see my sig) and look for "GMLTC Teaser Page" just before all the boilerplate and awards and links and stuff. Enjoy. Maybe this (...) (25 years ago, 28-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Where can I get 4.5 volt tracks?

In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz writes: snip (...) actually, if you ask Dan Parker, I have a -much- better way of doing this. I have a RC 4.5V loco. The only bad thing is that it takes 10 batteries (N cells) to power it. It takes the full loco, and a (...) (25 years ago, 28-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A4 Class Locomotive teaser & Wheel count designations

(...) It actually depends on the country as to what system is used. Germany used a number-letter-number designation for steam engines (2-c-1 would be a 4-6-2). The US tends towards using a name for them (a Pacific) the UK uses (4-6-2 or Pacific) And (...) (25 years ago, 28-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Where can I get 4.5 volt tracks?

(...) Of course there's nothing which says he can't run 4.5v trains on the 9v track since they're battery powered (hm, interesting idea, have a 4.5v passenger train running around the track, run your 9v freight train switching etc. You better not (...) (25 years ago, 28-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Where can I get 4.5 volt tracks?

Dan- If I may make a suggestion. First of all welcome! My suggestion would be this. Most of us run the newer 9 volt trains which came out in 1991. Although the track gauge is the same to your battery track, you won't be able to run anything (...) (25 years ago, 28-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Where can I get 4.5 volt tracks?

I have the 1985 7722 4.5v train set and some extra track. I'm brand spanking new to building LEGO trains, but after seeing some of the work from this group, I can not wait to get started. I want to start building my track inventory. Can anyone help (...) (25 years ago, 28-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Belville Base Plates wanted

Not any more. We finished the module infrastructures so we're good. Thanks for the offers (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: More train ranting (sorry)

(...) I agree, I do not think uniqueness is the point, but I also do not think that canopy was designed for trains. It doesn't resemble any trains. After all how many trains have a large glass popup (or not popup) canopy on the engine. That canopy (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: A4 Class Locomotive teaser & Wheel count designations

US does not use the "o" part. There was a long thread on this in RTL I think, where I pontificated at length. Some US examples: A (GM) DD40AX is a D-D (hence the model designation) 2 trucks, 4 axles each. I think the trucks have steerable outer (...) (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More train ranting (sorry)

(...) Agreed. (...) Are we talking about the 4561 canopy??? I'm not sure... But if so I do NOT see that as designed for trains. (1) At least, not US ones. Don't get me started on a wishlist of parts that I wish they'd design, I don't have time and (...) (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: More train ranting (sorry)

(...) Well, actually, uniqueness is the point. John Neal asked when the last *unique* train element was made. And besides, how do you know that the canopy was designed for trains first? Because it is used in other themes the first year of (...) (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  ldraw model of "thalys" high speed train

im going to start on a 2 year old model that ive seen in a model trains mag. also im making the amtrak metroliner (blue red white d grey windows) also a 20 stud reffer comming up soon. right now im working on sizes for my "superliner" series cars. (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More train ranting (sorry)

Jeff Stembel wrote in message ... (...) the (...) Come on, uniqueness is not the point. It's about new parts that were designed for trains. If they use the same piece in other themes as well; so much the better. Point in case is whether you (...) (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: A4 Class Locomotive teaser & Wheel count designations

(...) Well it's correct for steam locomotives and shunters (switchers) (counting the wheels) but there is a newer system for diesel and electric locomotives: Powered Axles are given letters A=1, B=2, etc. Unpowered axles are given numbers for each (...) (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A4 Class Locomotive teaser & Wheel count designations

(...) Or a technic turntable?? (...) It presumably can be fudged a little, we're talking about a big span here. (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

Good idea! Steve Berry wrote: <Do a press release> (...) (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) Shameless yes. Blameless no. Remember to remove the IWANTNOSPAM or I'll be yournoteless as well as spamless. (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

John or anyone else, Has the NMRA put any restrictions on the folks who are organizing the appearance of LEGO trains at the National Convention (i.e., not allowing you guys/gals to promote your setup individually/separate from the NMRA)? If no (...) (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) Mantra, eh? (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) Do I detect a mantra here? -Tom McD. when replying, don't feed spamcake to your mantra ray. (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

  Re: A4 Class Locomotive teaser & Wheel count designations

(...) I, too, but that's just you and I, James (and every other locophile)-- dreamers[:-p -John (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A4 Class Locomotive teaser & Wheel count designations

(...) diameter (...) wagon (...) Sorry 'bout that. I can't think that big. Those are monster coaches! Wow! (...) never (...) cool (...) so (...) blue (...) If not flex track, I'd like to see the addition of a different (larger) radius of curve so (...) (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A4 Class Locomotive teaser & Wheel count designations

(...) Put some wheeled supports in the middle of the circle. That's assuming the height of track + motor is equal to the height of wheels + some number of bricks. Steve (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More train ranting (sorry)

Cool job. To bad so many people had to lose their jobs. (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: More train ranting (sorry)

I was thinking it was around that time as well. That's coming up on 5 YEARS. How pathetic. (...) (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: More train ranting (sorry)

I was in Enfield as a model builder. Went back for a reunion, and a week later they laid off 2/3 of the department. Bad time to be working for LEGO, but I did hear that the severence was good.... -john (...) was a (...) about (...) occurred (...) (...) (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: More train ranting (sorry)

(...) That means it is not unique. The last time I can think of was 1995, with the Freight Rail Runner's windows and Sliding boxcar doors. Jeff (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: More train ranting (sorry)

(...) There's a new train canopy this year. (However used in some other themes). Eric Brok -------- Visit LEGO ON MY MIND: (URL) Submit your own link: (URL) section: (URL) (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: A4 Class Locomotive teaser & Wheel count designations

<snip> (...) Easy there, cowboy! I have built some 8 stud wide coaches (built over *2* wagon plates) that practically *do* equal the length of the diameter of the circle. *Looks* goofy going around the circle, and prototypically an engine could (...) (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New release of Train

(...) Mark, it is July 23- 26 in St.Paul, MN this year. See (URL) complete details. -HTH, John (...) (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

(...) I am already in contact with MR:-) (...) (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: A4 Class Locomotive teaser & Wheel count designations

On the contrary, this isn't ludicrous at all. It's a great idea! Why hasn't it been done before. Build a circle of track with sixteen sections of track. Make a train car using four train motors separated by 90 degrees each. Fill in the entire middle (...) (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

John Neal wrote in message <374B2E27.28F2A8F2@u...st.net>... (...) 3 cheers!!! I hope we'll be seeing a picture or two, or even an article, in Model Railroader. Frank (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: A4 Class Locomotive teaser & Wheel count designations

(...) I look forward to seeing it. (...) Correct: the two end wheelset pivot and the central wheelset translates perpendicular to the track. However, the central wheelset can actually pivot to some degree. I believe that the photos at my website (...) (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New release of Train

I think I would buy two...at least two. (...) (25 years ago, 23-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: More train ranting (sorry)

Hey! I'm 10+ years removed from LEGO Systems Inc. Did you work in Enfield? I was a factory grunt; how about you? Chris (...) (25 years ago, 23-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  RE: New release of Train

Hi, A bit off topic, but where and when is the NMRA convention this year? Thanks, Mark -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of David VinZant Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 1999 3:49 PM To: (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: More train ranting (sorry)

(...) No, J3, as sick and wrong as it sounds, you are prolly right:-( And therein lies the venom and frustration. -John (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

(...) Well, Frank, I can tell you this: The layout we will be taking to the NMRA National Convention is going to be spectacular-- you can be sure we will be giving it our best shot to wow them:-) -John (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: More train ranting (sorry)

I have never known LEGO to ever use anything other than their own internal ideas for what might sell. Set design and process has always been done in Demark (But as some of you know that has changed with the restructure of Futura...) One of the guys (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New release of Train

(...) I was someone that badly wanted a Metroliner, but I was young and didnt have the money to get. And now I have the money but you cant get one for $200 anymore. :( So I wouldnt mind a white Metroliner or even and orange one. It would need some (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: A4 Class Locomotive teaser & Wheel count designations

(...) Counting wheels is standard for the US. (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

Something to chew on: If we hit the NMRA hard with Lego trains, and get a NMRA Sig for Lego trains, perhaps we would have an organization which could get into TLGs promotional set arena, and get a train bucket produced, along with some limited (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  A4 Class Locomotive teaser & Wheel count designations

I have completed my first atempt at creating the British A4 Loco. It's the streamlined A4 class british loco steam 4-6-2. I have the pictures developed, and my the redesign of my site is almost complete. Once i get the pics scanned, i will finish (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More train ranting (sorry)

(...) (so said the Smartest Man in the World, "The Princess Bride" :) (...) That would be the only place where you would be off-base, that it would be their biggest seller. No doubt it would be big, but biggest? IMO, that's stretching it. But "I (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  More train ranting (sorry)

The service pack thread has my undies in a bunch. Why? Because it is as if we are asking for *so* much, when in reality it is *so* little. We are asking (practically begging) TLG to create a product from which they will make *a lot* of money. What (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New release of Train

What I don't understand is this: Why is it *so* obvious to us (consumers) what is needed and *so* obscure to them (the sellers whose job it is to produce products the consumers want) what is wanted??!! I mean, come on, 4561?, 3225?, 4559? THAT STUFF (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New release of Train

(...) There was a popular rumor that the Metroliner was going to be re-released back in '98, and again in '99. The first year, the rumor was kept pretty quiet. (*Yes. this is a first-hand account, not an urban legend...I spoke with a daytime rep at (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

(...) And separate molds have to be made for the parts -- the base part is slightly smaller, to allow for the thickness of the plating. Steve (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

If that is what TLG uses for logic behind packs, why in the world would it come out with RES-Q, UFO, etc.? Trains as just as viable a theme as anything else, but probably the most neglected in terms of building anything other than flatbed rail cars. (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

(...) I would not trust Lego to get the color right. Just look at the new train they have. What kind of engine is that supposed to be? If I could trust them to do it right, I wouldn't have to be starting a letter campaign to get these parts packs in (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

(...) favorite (...) For them to release silver windows is pretty tough. First, it is the most expensive color to do. Second, there isn't enough silver to have trim in silver and the silver bricks were limited edition. Mike (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

(...) Larry, I wish I had 50 for you. I guess you should focus on the first 25 windows and build just one side. Then you can just sit in a circle and have the train run around you. Pretend you don't know the other side isn't there. :-) (...) Agreed. (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

(...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

Larry's right. In fact, if you want to get picky, look at the American prototype Pullman coaches. The windows are not as big proportionally as TLG has made their train window. I would say a 2x4 train window would be closer. European coaches seem to (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

(...) Whereas I really LIKE yellow. Proves the point I guess. (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

(...) Sleepers. Everyone builds coaches because that's what we have the windows to build, but there were a lot of sleepers in the heyday of passenger trains. Also dining car kitchen windows, bathroom windows, porter's office windows, etc. etc. etc. (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

(...) 4?? I need 50 for a proper train. But sure, I'm always willing to discuss trades. (...) Silver is just not going to happen. I could live with a 2 color pack as long as it was equal amounts of both and all elements were in both colors. (...) I (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

(...) 'Cause people want colors that will allow them to finish their current project. ;) Seeing as how the current Doors and windows pack is red, I'd say that would be the color that the Train Doors and Windows would be. Personally, I'd be happy (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

the problem with TLG making a train windows and doors service pack is that they do not makwe verry many sets with train windows and doors in them! (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

On the much disputed topic of which colour to ask for: Why not simply ask for a parts pack with all parts in the same colour (let TLG make the hard decision). I am quite sure TLG will be able to figure out which or how many colours they should (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  New release of Train

Why not just write them to do a rerelease of the Metroliner in another color. Then they wont have to do sevice packs and everone could get the metroliner again. We would get a whole bunch of train doors and windows and the roof and nose peices. they (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

(...) I would propose the airplane windows because they can be used where there isn't enough room for a train window, such as the high window in a bathroom stall. Also, I think that to try to get them in a later writing campaign is going to be (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

Hay, I think the service pack sould have the following: 1 gray left train door w/clear glass 1 gray right train door w/clear glass 1 red left train door w/clear glass 1 red right train door w/clear glass 4 gray 1x4x3 windows w/clear glass 2 red (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact