 Trains / 1340
Re: Where can I get 4.5 volt tracks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 03:15:53 GMT

First, I must say that I probably will not set up my 4.5V trains for RC control,
but it would be cool to see what you have done. Do you have pictures or more
details?

Thanks,
Chris

James Powell wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz writes:
snip

Of course there's nothing which says he can't run 4.5v trains on the 9v
track since they're battery powered (hm, interesting idea, have a 4.5v
passenger train running around the track, run your 9v freight train
switching etc. You better not get in the way of the passenger train...)

p.s. I'd be interested in a small amount of 4.5v track (there are a
variety of non-operational uses for it).

actually, if you ask Dan Parker, I have a -much- better way of doing this.  I
have a RC 4.5V loco.  The only bad thing is that it takes 10 batteries (N
cells) to power it.

It takes the full loco, and a 10 long car to hold the RC gear and the
batteries.  But, it is great for large layouts that you cannot get to the
middle of easily, and for switching (shunting).  No Mechanical changes to the
lego are really required, except you must have a 4.5V plug for your output.

James Powell