 Trains / 1336
Re: Where can I get 4.5 volt tracks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 15:30:04 GMT

John Neal wrote:

Dan-

If I may make a suggestion.  First of all welcome!  My suggestion would be
this.  Most of us run the newer 9 volt trains which came out in 1991.
Although the track gauge is the same to your battery track, you won't be
able to run anything (powered) on it except your 7722.  I also started
with the 7722, but switched over when the new stuff came out, and that is
my suggestion to you.  You can easily convert your 7722 engine to use a 9
volt motor.  Buy some sets that contain track and a transformer and you're
off to the races.  It will be cheaper in the long run and I think you will
get more enjoyment out of the 9 volt system.  If, however, you *must* run
the battery track, email me because I have a ton of it that I don't use
anymore <winkwink>
Again, welcome to TRAINSTRAINSTRAINS:-)

Of course there's nothing which says he can't run 4.5v trains on the 9v
track since they're battery powered (hm, interesting idea, have a 4.5v
passenger train running around the track, run your 9v freight train
switching etc. You better not get in the way of the passenger train...)

p.s. I'd be interested in a small amount of 4.5v track (there are a
variety of non-operational uses for it).

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com