 Trains / 1294
1293  |  1295
Subject:
More train ranting (sorry)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 19:08:17 GMT

The service pack thread has my undies in a bunch.  Why?  Because it is
as if we are asking for *so* much, when in reality it is *so* little.
We are asking (practically begging) TLG to create a product from which
they will make *a lot* of money.  What possible reason could there be
for not creating a train window and door pack tomorrow?  I'm serious.
It *can't* be because they fear they will lose money!  IT WOULD BE THEIR
BIGGEST SELLER!  It's inconceivable.

Also, I have a question.  When was the last time a unique train element
was created?  Different colors don't count.  I'm thinking about how many
new elements went into the Insectoids, Throwbots, UFO's,themes that will
die quickly.  Would it hurt to create a few new elements each year for a
theme that has been wildly successful for 8 YEARS!  It's as if they are
actually *trying* to kill the theme, by not producing anything unique
and releasing abysmal sets.

Someone tell me I'm way off base, and tell me how TLG could possibly
sabotage the train theme *more* than what they are currently doing.

<rant off>-John