 Trains / 1318
Re: A4 Class Locomotive teaser & Wheel count designations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 18:37:20 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
<snip>

The ludicrous extreme is a wagon plate that is equal in length to the • diameter
of a LEGO train circle!

Easy there, cowboy!  I have built some 8 stud wide coaches (built over *2* • wagon
plates) that practically *do* equal the length of the diameter of the circle.

Sorry 'bout that.  I can't think that big.  Those are monster coaches!  Wow!

*Looks* goofy going around the circle, and prototypically an engine could • never
negotiate such a tight radius (at least a "C" config one), but they sure look • cool
sitting on the track.  I'm holding my breath for TLG to introduce flex track, • so
that the angle of the curve is determined by the builder.  Look, I'm turning • blue
already;-)

-John

If not flex track, I'd like to see the addition of a different (larger) radius
of curve so that two tracks can maintain smooth parallel curves side by side.

later,
James Mathis