 Trains / 1350
Re: GMLTC Teaser page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 30 May 1999 03:18:24 GMT

Am I missing something here?  I thought macs could write .gif, .tiff, etc.

I can't imagine there would be a need for someone to clean up the images you
posted....

John Matthews

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message

John Matthews wrote:

Nice pictures.

As for the logo, you may want to save those images as .gif files.  The • .gif
format is much better for this type of graphic.  .jpg files are great • for
photographs and such, .gif is good for graphics that have wide expanses • of
one color due to the formats compression scheme.  You will find that the
file size will be much smaller using a .gif format with three colors.

Yes.

However what I'm looking for is for someone with a good set of tools to
grab the biggest one, reflood it with one red color, one white color,
and one black color, to fix the miscolored areas which are artifacts of
taking a mac format file, printing it, then scanning it as a way to
convert to jpg... Or better yet, someone to get John to send them the
files and convert them for me... it seems to be beyond John to send me
the originals in an intelligible format. :-)

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.