 Trains / 1310
Re: New release of Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 05:04:16 GMT

Mark Benz wrote:

Hi,
A bit off topic, but where and when is the NMRA convention this year?
Thanks,
Mark

Mark, it is July 23- 26 in St.Paul, MN this year.  See
http://www.tfs.net/~jashaw/nmra/trainsh99.html
for complete details.

-HTH,
John

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of David VinZant
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 1999 3:49 PM
To: lugnet.trains@lugnet.com; lugnet.dear-lego@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: New release of Train

In lugnet.trains, David K. Z. Harris writes:
In lugnet.trains, David VinZant writes:
Why not just write them to do a rerelease of the Metroliner in another • color.
Then they wont have to do sevice packs and everone could get the • metroliner
again. We would get a whole bunch of train doors and windows and the roof • and
nose peices. they could make a white one and call it an ICE.

There was a popular rumor that the Metroliner was going to be re-released
back in '98, and again in '99. The first year, the rumor was kept pretty
quiet. (*Yes. this is a first-hand account, not an urban legend...I spoke
with a daytime rep at S@H, and her husband was a trainiac, and she told
me the red retrostation was coming back, and that Metroliner would be
following that. At least I got a retrostation.)

I wouldn't mind a Metroliner-like trin in another color. (How about
orange, like the TGV? Think of the plethora of orange elements in *that*
model! ;-) White would be OK, or red. :-)

On the other hand, I don't like the 4561. At this point, I'd rather buy
train service packs and make my own.  Even if they bring out a new,
Metro-liner-like train, I'd still want service packs for making extra,
variant cars, like the mail car, freight/luggage, diner, sleeper, etc.
(If you look back over the train lines, back in the 100's, you'll find
that LEGO let you buy individual cars, so you could have 50 Cargo Wagons
if you could afford to buy them. You can see some of these in the PAUSE
trains directory, http://www.lugnet.com/pause/trains.html)

     -Z-      http://baylug.org  SF Bay Area LEGO USers Group

I was someone that badly wanted a Metroliner, but I was young and didnt have
the money to get. And now I have the money but you cant get one for $200
anymore. :( So I wouldnt mind a white Metroliner or even and orange one. It
would need some redesigning. I made a TGV like train, goto
http://members.xoom.com/legotrains/tgv.htm
But I would realy like them to come out with the metroliner again.

Dave