 Trains / 1375
Re: and the best train ever made by lego is...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 31 May 1999 14:07:38 GMT

You sound like a person who would appreciate a train setup running 2 4558's , 5
7740's , 2 7725's, 2 4547's , 2 4549's and a 7745. (this week)

The greatest train that lego ever made?....Hmmm.....any train set that uses classic
train windows and doors would be a contender but for me its a toss up between 7730
Freight Train and 118 Electronic Engine and 7750 Steam Loco.

Mark H.

Christopher Masi wrote:

4558 Metro Liner and 7740 Inter City Train top the list
7725 is really neat. I am glad you out that number down (I had completely
fogotten about it).
Then 7745.

Has anyone noticed that other than Jon (Jonathan Wilson) no one has listed a
freight train as their favorite set? LEGO produces a lot of freight trains and
I like some of them (I have 4563 and I like it) but they just do not capture
the spirit of big freight hauling trains.

Hey, Larry. I liked 4549 too, but it came out while I was in graduate school,
and in graduate school you REALLY have to like something to spend $50; I bought
a Club Car instead. Also, 4549 is cool, and it would be cool to have a bunch of
them, but the crane what would you do with all the cranes?

Chris

Adrian Egli wrote:

Just my $.02, but IMHO, the best were 7725, 7745 and 4558.  I like the 7725
because it reminds me of the local light rail trolley where I live.  It even
has the same color scheme, just need to make some minor changes in detail.
The 7745 was another favorite set but I don't understand why TLG didn't
expand it with additional cars like 7740.  And last, but not least, 4558,
TLG was at a point where the details achieved were right on the mark and it
had a look of realism about it.  Not all models produced were like this but
this was one of them.

Adrian