 Trains / *12569 (-100)
  Re: 9V Train track DAT files?

(...) Hi Lar (and everyone else), I didn't take what you said as an accusation of wrong doing; I understood your statement to mean that you just didn't like the color I chose, and that it shouldn't become the official color. Yep, I agree Whether it (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: clearance on side of tracks

(...) Interesting. I'd assert that the clearance needed on the inside is a function of the width of rolling stock and the maximum distance kingpin to kingpin (the longer a car, the more the center overhangs the inside of the curve). I'd assert that (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6w MOCs

(...) Great work. (...) Good idea. That means that you most probably would have to make your own baseplates, which hardly can be done with bulk briks. But do it anyway. That way yuo can alse make them in blue. (...) Good design for both of them; (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  clearance on side of tracks

Any suggestions on a general rule as to how much space is prudent to leave on either side of track for a variety of trains to easily negotiate around curves? This is for NCLUG/NCLTC's upcoming GATS. I am trying to plan my plot layout. I have one (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 9V Train track DAT files?

(...) Hi, I'm the author of the unofficial 9v Straight track (version from past year 2865.dat). Here are some notes abouth it: The yellow metal piece came from the LDRAW FAQ that electrical contacts are yellow. Then there was a little discussion (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Belgian Serie 12 Locomotive

(...) That's pretty good Ludo, but as a diesel man I really like your My 1100! -Harvey (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Belgian Serie 12 Locomotive

Hi, I updated my home page with a MOC of a Belgian Serie 12 Locomotive. A picture of the real one can also be seen. goto : (URL) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train track DAT files?

Let me just first clear up a slight misconception... I wasn't trying to say that either Chris OR James were doing anything wrong with theier use of unofficial track models or anything like that. I agree with Chris that the "wheel shiny" color is (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train track DAT files?

(...) In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes: (...) The color appears yellow in MLCad. Used L3P to convert to the POV-Ray format. When rendered in POV-Ray, the yellow "turns into" the shiny metal you see in the images of my APT at The BrickShelf. (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: APT version 5

(...) <snip APT stuff> I will address 9v track shiny color in the other thread on 9v track .dat topic. (...) A creation in real ABS is in the works. Thanks to S@H bulk packs, the train windows and doors packs in blue, and a whole bunch of sluething (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6w MOCs

(...) Your trolley design is pretty good, I usually am not a trolley type of guy-but I'll make an exception in this case. The articulated design of this puts it a cut above the rest of what I've seen thus far. Keep your creative juices flowing, and (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: APT version 5

(...) Hey James, Of course looks good,, blah blah blah, yada yada yada[1], but since this came up in another thread and I can see them in your picture....where did you get your train tracks? Did you modify the color of the rails? Did they come (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train track DAT files?

(...) Lar, I totally agree with you. Light gray for the conducting rails is not right, and it should not be made the official color. I was thinking about changing the metal rails to the color of the conducting wheels. However, I can think of two (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6w MOCs

(...) I like that trolley. Clever work front and centre for the windows. If I've seen it anywhere else I've forgotten about it - so until I'm corrected you'll carry the credit for that design in my wee brain. Be sure to let us know when you've got (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6w MOCs

OOPH! Whats the world comming to when you have to declare a 6 Wide MOC in the Subject!! (...) Great work. (...) Hey this is great. Only problem is S@H doesn't have Bulk Blue Bricks yet :-). Again simple but striking. I think some people (including (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6w MOCs

(...) I saw these earlier today, the bulk ones are great... I also like the trolly idea. Josh (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6w MOCs

Mike, These bulk creations are great! Very well done with the limited bulk assortment. later, James Mathis (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  APT version 5

With some excellent comments from Carbon60 and Rob Latham, I have continued with my APT set. C-60 happened to be working on the APT; neither of us knew the other was working on it! He's got his great efforts accepted to the APT-P restoration (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  6w MOCs

here is a trolley that ive been working on now that school is out: (URL) originally was modeling it after a picture that i saw on the internet. I got bored of following the picture and made my own design. It didn't turn out better or worse than (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) I guess I'm not really looking for an argument here, but just to point out that we *already* have "multiple groups on different things" right here on LUGNet-- that's kinda the whole point of the LUGNet NGs, isn't it (as opposed to 1 noisy (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message news:GEt69x.o3@lugnet.com... (...) passports? :-) At least he included Scotland, for a change :-) Lindsay Braun (are you still 'here'?) and Pete Callaway will presumably be unwelcome... Huw (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 9V Train track DAT files?

(...) I believe they are yellow because in older LEGO instructions and flyers, the electric contacts on things like plates and wires are shown in yellow. So the other electrical parts modeled in LDraw also use yellow. But IIRC it is a special yellow (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Katie, I love your style! It's good to know that someone supports my effort, and yes, tere is no such thing as too many places to talk about our beloved LEGO®. Harvey Henkelman-Certified Ferroequinologist LUGNET member #400 Founder, ELTC (URL) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Harvey, I don't see a problem with ELTC! In fact I already joined. What's wrong with having multiple groups on different things? I belong to so many different groups. Some are list serves, some are Yahoo groups, some are Smart groups. And no (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 9V Train track DAT files?

(...) Chris, yes, it would be wonderful if you could email me that file. I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks! Jake -- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train track DAT files?

(...) I found an unofficial straight track model. The weird thing was that it had yellow conductor rails. I changed the color to light gray, and they look good. (Other than the yellow rails, I think that they are excellent models.) I forgot who the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LED Brick - a quick review.

(...) Cool! Sign me up when these are completed!! Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  9V Train track DAT files?

Does anyone happen to have a DAT file of any of the 9V train track? Especially the straights, but also curves, switches, and cross overs. Thanks in advance! Jake -- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LED Brick - a quick review.

(...) Will these use the coupler magnets as a switch source? Scott A (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LED Brick - a quick review.

Thanks for the quick review, Scott. For anyone who's interested in trying some of these LED light bricks, there are plenty available on eBay: (URL) also watch this space for my upcoming Lego tilt switch and magnetic reed switches which could be (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) I agree. I like the idea of a United Kingdom Lego Train Club - but not one on Yahoo or the like. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) So we have to live in the UK and be British. Should we bring our passports? :-) Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Minifig Train Ride

(...) Cool! I love the idea. Josh (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Maybe that's what I'm getting at-- exactly *what* is he forming, and *why*? To me, LTCs are not virtual; in fact, they are quite the opposite. Instead of LTDs hanging out together online, it is LTDs hanging out together *in public*, sharing (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Kyle, you hit the nail right on the head. When I conceived of the ELTC, I invited people to join knowing that membership is their choice. I intended ELTC to supplement LUGNET, not replace it in any way (God knows my website-making skills are (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Minifig Train Ride

(...) But of course, Steve! I apologize for not remembering:-p If I never told you, I think your work is fantastic:-) -John (link to Steve's site for the lazy like me: (URL) ) (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Speaking purely as a noser spectator here ;] I don't see the problem in somebody "unilaterally" forming a group. Sitting around and waiting for a group of people to build consensus on how to form a group is like, well, sitting around and (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store

(...) Sounds great! I look forward to seeing it. I kinda admit I'm a little disapointed. I was hoping that I would be the first one to attempt the cab forward design. :^) I love that train. It's on my list of engines to build. Thats fine, though, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Minifig Train Ride

Is the site www.worldofbricks.com the one you are referring to? Steve (...) with (...) conclusion: (...) scale (...) though! (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Finnaly my first 8-wide

(...) I'll do that... The end is connected by the full width & the 2 extra studs on each side. I'm still working on the design, along with my SD40-2. I think I'll be putting more along the sides, so that I can get a blue stripe into the design (only (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

I'm glad you mentioned that, Huw, because I was thinking the same thing. I also was wondering about utilizing such a wide-scoping name-- Sam, have you discussed this with anyone, or is this some sort of unilateral move? Personally, I feel that if (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

"Sam Hastings" <samjh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GEs6zt.A1x@lugnet.com... (...) Personally I fail to see the benefit of these 'breakaway' Yahoo discussion groups. I am perfectly happy talking with US Lugnetter's about all aspects of LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Minifig Train Ride

(...) My son has already made some 2 widers; here are some pics (along with an N scale box car for comparison): (URL) (help me out, here) made some really cool Large scale LEGO train set trains that were 2 wide-- I couldn't find the site, however. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived - READ THIS AS WELL!!!

REALLY sorry, but I have got the address wrong down below - . instead of /! So, the actual URL is (URL) Hastings (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  UKLTC has arrived

Hi all, GREAT NEWS! I have formed UKLTC, which, as you may have guessed, is the United Kingdom Lego Train Club. Sorry to Harvey Henkleman, who originally gave me the idea, but I have wanted to do this for ages, and you reminded me. Thanks! Anyway, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New non-magnetic coupler design

(...) snip (...) snip (...) snip (...) Thanks for the kind words. The one thing I am wondering about with this design is what happens when two bufferless models are connected, and the train is pushed backwards. When the cars are pushed backwards the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Old Parts in Legend Sets?

(...) Went without saying so I didn't say it. Oops, I just did. ++Lar (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Finnaly my first 8-wide

(...) It looks like you are off to a good start. However, it looks like the middle section is connected to the ends by only three studs. I found that I had to extend the connections farther than that to increase the sturdiness of my cars. When I get (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8w MOC: German InterCityNight Train

Holger Matthes wrote: Wow, great coupler design! I like the engine, but I find the studs on the SNOT slopes to be a bit distracting. Did you try stepped tiles? Overall, I think the engine looks very cool. I really like the nose. In addition to being (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Old Parts in Legend Sets?

Hey Lar, don't forget the four 3x3 low slope corner bricks in yellow. Another great rarity. I'm not into Lego trains, but had I ever decided to buy one the 7740 would have been it. A great set! Gary Istok (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Minifig Train Ride

(...) the HO scale. Build N-scale LEGO trains on N-scale bogies and motors ;) That will bring the 2-wide LEGO model train building art to its ultimate conclusion: LEGO model trains for minifigs! Chris (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Minifig Train Ride

Has any one tried to give the Minifigs a miniature train ride, take a look at this. (URL) took two N scale freight cars cut the roofs and set the minifigs down in chairs. On the floor of the car I Hot glued (gasp!!!!) a 2x3 plate to put the chair (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New non-magnetic coupler design

(...) Chris, just got done building you coupler design, te best alt. coupler design I've seen - esp. for long trains. And it should be super strong for six-wide Euro-type trains! -Harvey (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8w MOC: German InterCityNight Train

(...) angled sides of that locomotive. I like the way the Technic spring bricks are loose in the coupler to the wagon. Looks like an easy set up for the wagons on the track. Very nice train set. later, James Mathis (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  8w MOC: German InterCityNight Train

Hi Folks, I have just uploaded some pictures of my latest train creation: A german BR 101 electric engine pulling 5 Talgo hotel-on-wheels cars. (URL) the real engine at: (URL) the cars at: (URL) advert says: "Nice here. But have you ever been to (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: Finnaly my first 8-wide

Forgot the link: (URL) glad i looked (after an hour...) Josh (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Finnaly my first 8-wide

This is my prototype version of a stand-alone well car. Some parts still need to be changed, but it is in it's basic form. The well is 6x24 studs, and can hold the weight of the containers. I've also included pictures of 2 20' and one 40' container. (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store

Hey John, Yes, I am the one that has the Big Boy and The Garrett, But I am from Cartersville, Georgia not S.C. Hopefully I will see you at the meeting at the end of the month. Yes, I am currently working on a Southern Pacific, 4-8-8-2 Cab-Forward, (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  ELTC is born!

Hello fellow trainheads, I'd like to announce the formation of the ELTC (EuroLEGO® Train Club). This group is for those who like to model non-North American railway equipment like me. I've already had quite a few persons join my fold, why?, you (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: Old Parts in Legend Sets?

(...) I agree. The 7740 rules. I paid out the wazoo for mine but it is by far my favorite train. I also shucked out for the additional sleeper car and don't regret it one bit. I love all of the windows both yellow and grey. This is definitely a (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Old Parts in Legend Sets?

(...) Works for me. Motor Schmoter. Track Schmack. They can make it a push train for all I care. Just let me at those two tone yellow/red doors and the 1x2x2 gray windows!!! That set rules, as do the two additional cars you could get for it. In fact (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: And the July Surprise is...

(...) LOL! He managed to plug 8 wide, in a 4 wide picture! And the mini-fig looks just like John too... wow! Robin W FUT: lugnet.off-topic.fun (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: And the July Surprise is...

(...) Chris (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from WAMALUG's show at Mannasas Train Festival

I agree, we, PNLTC, would love to read the details on your organization details! We have been pouring over the pictures and we all really love it! It seems like the anti is raised with every passing show! GREAT JOB! SteveB PNLTC (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter sets on 1000steine.de forum

(...) Quirrel's (...) That would be great. Silly me, I had not even thought of that. (...) I would guess they would be printed tiles. Much easier to make and probably more cost effective. The winged key is not such a universal piece. I think the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few pieces of railroad equipment I designed...

(...) I like the overall direction of the site and the attention to detail. Others have pointed out some of the links that you may want to address. It's a great start! I prefer somewhat more realistic engines, but that is a matter of personal taste (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter sets on 1000steine.de forum

(...) Yeah I agree. For Quirrel/Voldemort do you think Lego will print a minifigure head with two faces? What other solution is there? And I hope the turban is a neat piece. And what about the winged keys, will they be objects or just printed tiles? (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter sets on 1000steine.de forum

(...) I asked a friend and they thought that 4702 is "the final challenge"(chapter title I think?) It is the chapter where Harry is introduced to Voldemort who up until that point, is in Prof Quirrel's turban. 4704 the room of the winged keys I hate (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few pieces of railroad equipment I designed...

Seth, I really like the comprehensive stake in the CAD LEGO-land that you're taking. My particular favourite is the monorail. Very cool. later, James Mathis (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few pieces of railroad equipment I designed...

(...) Thanks! I really appreciate it. I want to add some more elements, the page is a bit Spartan. (...) Neither am I. The thing with those is that they were created when I was basically getting my legs with MLCAD, just feeling around. I think I'm (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few pieces of railroad equipment I designed...

(...) Thanks! Incidentally, the D-27 scene was the most difficult to create, since I'm using a eMachines PoS. When I build my new computer, I want it to have enough RAM that MLCAD will draw much faster. I think the SW-55 scene is probably the most (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few pieces of railroad equipment I designed...

(...) Iain, Then shouldn't you be complaining about the use of dm instead of m, h instead of s, and g instead of kg? ;) Actually, if those are real measurements, then you picked a good unit to express the speed of LEGO trains. 170 dm/h sounds fast (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few pieces of railroad equipment I designed...

(...) now...now Iain....don't be too technicle with Seth :) Actually those are some pretty nice Trains. I was interested in the designs on the tilting express trains.... a suggestion to Iain if his own Tilting Train doesn't work...try building it (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Seth C. Triggs" <sethtriggs@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GELrxp.6DL@lugnet.com... (...) manufacturer (...) I love the page! :) The D-27 is my fabourite, followed by the ED-25. I love your selection of units for speed . I should mention, (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  A few pieces of railroad equipment I designed...

Here's a few trains I designed at (URL) click the "Products" link. (I'm making a pretend railroad manufacturer site) Comments are welcome! -Seth C. Triggs (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: looking thru some pictures

Who knows, with the new Legends series, you may be able to within the next year ;-) (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  looking thru some pictures

I was in upstate NY recently for my sister's wedding. I was looking through some old childhood pictures and I got a shot of the Lego department of FAO Schwartz in NYC on a class trip in Dec 1993. There was a big display of Metroliners and Yellow (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: S@H - Train accessories are disappearing!

(...) Not necessarily, I ordered three (seperate orders) and all came warped to some degree.-Harvey (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX Controlled Mobile De-coupler

(...) Thanks alot for posting the instructions, I'll be building this one myself soon.-Harvey (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Combo 4564/4565 locomotive

Thanks. That is something I've though of trying and might do. There is something else I was thinking about the past day and that was to add tanks beneath the 6x28 plate like those on the 7745 12V TGV. It might mean having to set the bogie plates (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

Thanks. I got out the digi cam for the shots. Good old Nikon 880. Adrian "Christopher Masi" <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message news:3B1EF647.A688B9...ane.edu... (...) with (...) locomotive (...) A (...) with (...) changes (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter sets on 1000steine.de forum

(...) Thanks Frank! Your translation is perfectly right. If someone is interested: there was another posting (by someone who works in a toy shop and who is quite often supported with some vague insiders information). That guy told that the Hogwarts (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train/Signal Lights

(...) Just to throw in some feedback, I bought two of these red/green signal lights (sure you can use them for other stuff, but as this is posted in lugnet.trains....). They work and look great! Plus Ken is a very nice guy with great response time! (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter sets on 1000steine.de forum

(...) My guesses (I know a little german): "4702 Die Enthüllung v Prof Quirrel" 'Introduction of Prof. Quirrel' "4704 Gruft mit den geflügelten Schlüsseln" means something like 'Cave with winged keys'. If I remember correctly the stone was protected (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter sets on 1000steine.de forum

(...) The sorting hat? (...) Snapes classroom? (...) Hogwarts castle? (...) just my less then .02 cents Christina (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Train/Signal Lights

If anyone's interested in modified specialist Lego bricks, I have manufactured quite a few. You can see some at (URL) bricks here have had LEDs (Light Emmitting Diodes) inserted (like small lights) and can be used for RCX debugging or for train (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter sets on 1000steine.de forum

(...) I'd like it if someone with knowledge of German and harry Potter could sort out those names a bit better than Babelfish. The speaking hat is really the sorting hat, but what is "the exposure". Is the "gruft with the winged codes" perhaps a (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from WAMALUG's show at Mannasas Train Festival

(...) Abe Friedman also some pictures (URL) Hitchcock (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter sets on 1000steine.de forum

Via Babel Fish: $6.45 4701 The speaking hat $10.75 4702 The exposure v Prof Quirrel $23.65 4704 Gruft with the winged codes $23.65 4705 instruction with Snape $32.25 4706 the forbidden course $32.25 4707 Hagrids hut $55.9 4708 Hogwarts express $98.9 (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  RCX Controlled Mobile De-coupler

I made a RCX Controlled Mobile De-coupler base on (URL) train coming, this Mobile De-coupler will find the space between cars of train, then de-couple the magnet. I will use it to design a marshaling station. I will show you photos next week. It (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Combo 4564/4565 locomotive

(...) Your engine looks pretty good. But I've always liked the exhaust arrangement of the 4565 engine better, try this on your engine and see how it comes out. Just offering some constructive feedback here. Harvey Henkelman-Certified (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: trains

(...) Thanks for having a boo. The red and black just happened. CN Rail is a sorta-inspiration but there's no white in my engines. I'm presumably working on it. Stay safe Dave (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: trains

(...) thought that red and black were a tough color combo to pull off, but you seem to have done a nice job with it. The white doors on the box car really jump out at you don't they?! (I know, you use the pieces you have; I do the same thing.) Chris (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Combo 4564/4565 locomotive

(...) Nice train, nice picture. Digital camera or a scan of a photograph? The changes you made are very subtle, and very effective. Chris (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wides coming around soon

(...) Well the older well cars have 40' wells. Josh P.S. I promise you will hear more about my SD90MAC soon, and I may be using Chris's 3 axle truck design. (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Combo 4564/4565 locomotive

I got done with my newest bridge but this time decided to mess around with train ideas. I always liked the doors, windows, and color scheme of the 4564 locomotive. At the same time, I thought the form of the 4565 locomotive was nice but wanted to (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: 8-wides coming around soon

(...) <snip> (...) My 20 footers are 16 studs, so 12-14 would be good...of course I would lean towards the 14 side ;) I made my wells just big enough to fit my 40' (32 stud) containers so I cheated and made my cars a bit shorter than they should be. (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wides coming around soon

<snip> (...) Yeah I'll be starting soon, I like that 70 stud Idea, and the container cars are close to the length of a SD40-2. The well is 48' on most mordern well cars (In the USA). I figure 12-14 studs for a 20' container. Josh (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Italian ETR500 in 8-wide

Hi James Very nice work. I like 8 wides of modern trains a lot. Your creation will inspire me to try to model the Swedish X2000. Is it possible that you will post the DAT.file? Regards Mattias (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Loading point for aggregate hoppers

Awesome! I am suprised that no one has built one like that before. Cool model! Can you take a closer picture of the chute? (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact