 Trains / Train Organizations / 1457
Re: UKLTC has arrived
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 00:55:04 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, John Neal writes:
I'm glad you mentioned that, Huw, because I was thinking the same thing.  I
also was wondering about utilizing such a wide-scoping name-- Sam, have you
discussed this with anyone, or is this some sort of unilateral move?

Speaking purely as a noser spectator here  ;]  I don't see the
problem in somebody "unilaterally" forming a group.  Sitting around
and waiting for a group of people to build consensus on how to
form a group is like, well, sitting around and wating.  If somebody's
got the initiative to go ahead and form something, more power
to them.  I'm not saying they'll be more (or less) successful than
if they did it with the help of some regulars from around here,
just that I think it's good when somebody takes action like this.
Let it grow and see what happens.  If it doesn't succeed, learn
something for the next time around.

But I too think keeping a good tie to LUGNET is a good idea.  As
long as a new group/club's growth isn't hamstrung by LUGNET.

My unsolicited 2 cents,
KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Kyle, you hit the nail right on the head. When I conceived of the ELTC, I
invited people to join knowing that membership is their choice. I intended
ELTC to supplement LUGNET, not replace it in any way (God knows my
website-making skills are nowhere near Todd and Suzanne's) and I find
Yahoo's arrangement to be comfortable with me also. I just list the ELTC and
LUGNET.trains in my favorites and it's that simple. -Harvey