 Trains / Train Organizations / 1464
Re: UKLTC has arrived
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 02:26:52 GMT

"Kyle D. Jackson" wrote:

In lugnet.trains.org, John Neal writes:

Maybe that's what I'm getting at-- exactly *what* is he forming, and *why*?  To
me, LTCs are not virtual; in fact, they are quite the opposite.  Instead of
LTDs hanging out together online, it is LTDs hanging out together *in public*,
sharing their MOCs face to face.  We already have LTDs sharing virtually
through LUGNet NGs-- it's not as if .trains or loc.uk or trains.org are too
noisy like RTL or anything!  So why splinter off?  That's all that I (and I
think Huw as well) am asking.

Maybe I misunderstood his intentions, but I gathered that his
intention was to form a physical club in the corporeal <sp?> world.
But to get there he is finding people by using Yahoo.

lol You mean he is using *LUGNet* to use Yahoo to find people;-)  Maybe you're
right; wasn't my impression, though.

-John

KDJ