 Trains / 11678
Re: APT version 5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 03:19:25 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:
James Mathis wrote:

<snip APT stuff>

I will address 9v track shiny color in the other thread on 9v track .dat topic.

Thanks,
Chris

1. Seriously, it does look great. I don't normally get all excited about >virtual
models, but this is a very nice one. She'll be gorgeous if she ever
makes it to ABS.

A creation in real ABS is in the works.  Thanks to S@H bulk packs, the train
windows and doors packs in blue, and a whole bunch of sluething for parts
via BrickBay, I hope to have most of the APT built in real ABS by the end of
July.  I don't know exactly how many wagons I'll be able to build; hopefully
at least a 6 car set.  Consist would be 2 control cabs, 3 passenger wagons,
and 1 power car.  Ultimately, I'd like to model the quantities shown in
POV-Ray form in this v5 set. However, I have no idea how the tilt mechanism
will perform in such a long set with the 9v motors centrally located in the
power cars.

later,
James Mathis