 Technic / 1156
Re: Brad Justus...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 00:00:21 GMT

Doyle wrote:

The biggest difference is in the technic accessories page.  Since this is
still a full page, the smaller catalog size can't have anything to do with
it.  The following items don't appear any longer: small tires, angle beams,
steering accessories, chain links, and the compressor pumps.  Hope you ordered
extras while they were still available.  I called this morning, and apparently
the chain links are already cancelled - no longer available; the compressor
pump is back ordered.

Here's the missing pieces:
5202 Angle Beams        8 pcs  $4.50
5295 Steering Acc.     12 pcs  $4.00
5278 Chain Links       35 pcs  $4.00 (already cancelled)
5268 Small Tires        8 pcs  $4.00
5117 Compressor Pump    7 pcs  $4.00 (back ordered)
5107 Pneumatic Pump     1 pc   $3.25

--
David Schilling

But the brick packs will remain. I didn't ask about certain accessories like
technic, etc. But this explains a lot, apparently the limited quanity on all
accessories is a mistake, and more or less are for certain items. I mean lego
just recieved a large order or bricks in different colors. I doubt if they
were cancel them that they would order more from the factory? :) Also the
person I spoke with was high enough in the chain to know if they were to
cancel the brick packs. All I asked her about was the bricks and not the
minifig type accessories, so who knows on those? Should have asked her about
the others while I had the chance. :/

Doyle

I don't think they are cancelling the acc packs, I just think they are bringing out
new versions with new #s, which they do from time to time.  There have been several
times in the past where a "new" acc pack was just an old one with a couple of
replacements.