 Technic / 1157
Re: How good is 8485 Technic Control Center?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 00:10:34 GMT

In lugnet.technic, John Matthews writes:
I do not own a control panel, it seems very expensive.  I do however have a
train speed controller with 2 polarity switches attached;  1 for the train,
1 for my current project.

Can the train speed controller be used to control regular 9v motors?  That
could be useful, especially since it has a wall transformer.  I'd be interested
to hear a bit about the function of the speed controller.

I don't know anything about the speed controller, but you might want to be
careful not to connect too many motors to a single electrical source.  If you
draw too much current you can burn out fuses, transformers, etc.

-Phil