 Technic / 1166
Re: How good is 8485 Technic Control Center?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:20:48 GMT

Gus Altobello Jr wrote in message ...
I've seen a few 8485 Technic Control Center for sale at various online
sites, it's the one that builds the helicopter or dinosaur and has
some sort of control panel.
I've never seen more than the picture on the box, so don't know what
it does or how useful it would be.  (My suspicions are "not much" and
"not very"...)

It has three programmable time based motor outputs.

On my remote controlled train level crossing I had the outputs controlling
the barrier arms, flashing lights and bells (siren module).

At my fair ground I had one output control the ferris wheel, stopping
at each seat then doing a quite a few revolutions. While the ferris wheel
was revolving, one output ran the UFO Spin ride and the other output
ran the carousel.

I have also built the dinosaur.

My LEGO creations site "Allanton NZ" is at
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~allanj/