 Technic / 1130
Re: How good is 8485 Technic Control Center?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:03:40 GMT

I do not own a control panel, it seems very expensive.  I do however have a
train speed controller with 2 polarity switches attached;  1 for the train,
1 for my current project.  This seems to work pretty well, and I would
imagine with additional polarity switches added, that a control center could
be emulated for less cost.  I am not a rocket scientist, so I can not verify
what I have noted is absolutely true.  but it works for me!  here is a
(lame) picture which includes not only 2 polarity switches, but a crank
operated fiber optic unit as well.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmatthew/john/lego/misc/speed_controller.jpg

Build On!

John Matthews

Gus Altobello Jr <altobello@mindspring.com> wrote in message
I've seen a few 8485 Technic Control Center for sale at various online
sites, it's the one that builds the helicopter or dinosaur and has
some sort of control panel.

From a standpoint of building Technic creations to interface with
Rokenbok, owning an RCX and Scout and looking for a CodePilot, is the
control panel a worthwhile investment?

I've never seen more than the picture on the box, so don't know what
it does or how useful it would be.  (My suspicions are "not much" and
"not very"...)

Thanks,
-gus