 Dear LEGO / 1556
Re: Brad Justus...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 17:55:49 GMT

Ray Sanders wrote:

Gary,

This sounds oh-so-similar to a question I asked here...

http://www.lugnet.com/technic/?n=686

Ray

Gary Istok wrote:

If but it were so simple!

There is one thing I don't understand about TLC.  That is the "consumer spare parts
inventory" versus the "model shop inventory".  I would love to know the procedures
involved for maintaining these two.   Here are some questions for a TLC person:

Is the model shop inventory tracked at all?
How does the two different inventories compare.
And how do they get additional parts.
What determines that a light blue 2x4 brick only goes to the model shop, and not to
the consumer spare parts inventory (since no known LEGO set has this piece)?
How will LEGO Direct Bulk Sales inventory be obtained?
How will it be maintained?
Will production runs be made to satisfy bulk sales?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Gary Istok

--
mailto:rsanders@svic.net
Experienced Macintosh developer seeks telecomuting position.

Thanks Ray, I must have missed your reply.
It certainly makes you wonder how they handle the two processes.

Gary Istok