 Dear LEGO / 1580
Re: Model Shop Inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 16:37:45 GMT

----------
In article <Fq3JwK.CMs@lugnet.com>, "john kelly" <jkelly69@skypoint.com>
wrote:

A K8 is approximately a 2'x 1'x 1' box) order, we had to pay for the • production
run necessary to do this and that was always cost prohibitive.  In general we
ordered bircks out of the stores in multiples of K3s, K5s, and K6s and K8s.
(Size is in multiples of 2.  (2)K3s make a K5, (2)K6s make a K8.  We did have

Given the above, would it not be possible for someone at the model shop to
hire some kid to do special orders out of the bulk, thus to defer the cost
of parts ordered by the model shop?  Seems like a (please don't shoot me,
Dilbert fans) win-win solution...

Rob