 Dear LEGO / 1570
Re: Brad Justus...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 23:27:31 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Mike Stanley writes:
Some people may think the internet is killing the middleman, but it
isn't.  You think Amazon prints the books?

Not yet, that's what they do just before Chapter 11.  Already they have had to
ditch an almost entirely electronic affair in favor of "bricks and mortar"
warehousing. And that's not the end of it either...

I see the splitting stocks and 0 profits, we are still in the moments of
transition here...

I have long foreseen both the billboard superhighway aspects of the internet,
as well as how to undo it.  A fairly concise argument illustrating some shared
views with me is a recent article in MicroTimes (No. 203), see page 89 or:

http://www.microtimes.com/203/webacook203a.html

for "Distribution Channels: Ties That Bind" by Rick Cook.  Read the links at
the above too -- some are quite funny, right? NPR has also run some amusing
bits on MP3, SDMI, and other such stuff. The writing is on the wall, its just
a matter of time in terms of how long it will take to implement the changes in
the way people do business.

Point being: why give Amoeba/Rasputin's, Sony, and "Whoever-the-heck-else" a
share when you could just buy MP3 format music directly from Prince's website
(Okay, a bad example I'll admit. Tipsy, anyone...)?

Anyway...

-- Richard (Mr. Ellipses)