 Dear LEGO / 1587
Re: megabloks answer our requests (Re: Brad Justus...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 15:34:40 GMT

With all of the positive comments that I'm reading about Megabloks, I'll have • to
take a second look at them.

This past Christmas I helped my 6 yr. old cousin (I am 20 FYI) build one of his
Chirstmas presents.  A Megablocks NASCAR racer.  One of the big ones.  Not only
was the color variation annoying but the bricks were either too loose or too
tight.  I spent 4 hours balanceing loose and tight bricks just so the stupid
thing would stay together.  Once It was complete my aunt and uncle made sure to
tell him that it was a display piece as pushing it around would lead it to fall
apart.  I then proceded to show my aunt and uncle (with my new snowspeeder) how
much better lego was.  I shook it up and down very violently and nothing came
off.

I sincerely hope that Lego is reading this
thread.
Memo to Lego: Does it mean anything to you that some of your most loyal fans • are
at the point of diverting a portion of their disposable income to your
competitors?

I shudder to think if it would get that bad.  Megablocks has much better set
design right now but I still cannot accept the poor quality of the bricks.  How
ever, if Lego keeps going down the path it is on and Megablocks overhuals their
quality, I know where my money would go.  Fortunatly for Lego they have the
Star Wars sets right now.  For the people that don't like Space, understand
that the part content is better for building town and castle stuff than the
actual town and castle sets of the past few years.  Lego should return to
designing all of their sets with the quality and attention to detail that they
have in Star Wars.  Megablocks already does with most of their sets.  I find it
Sad really that TLG/C is proverbially shooting themselves in the foot with most
of their product line.

-Lord Insanity

"A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men"

Visit me at:  http://members.tripod.com/~LordInsanity