 Dear LEGO / 1577
Re: Brad Justus...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:11:33 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Larry Pieniazek writes:
You lost me here. Is the internet changing everything or isn't it? Are
low value add middlemen going away or aren't they? And what point are
you trying to make, exactly?

Yes, the middleman is going away.  Thats my prediction on it.  Middlemen like
Amazon.com will enjoy a short run, and then companies and other kinds of
creators will figure out they can deal directly to the public and make bigger
profits even if the cut down their retail pricing by selling direct to the
public.  And I am also talking about that author down the street from you
setting up shop online and selling his novel directly to his thousands,
perhaps millions, of readers.  Who needs a publisher, or a distributor?  I am
not even sure critics will remain viable, they won't be able to tackle the
volume of whats out there and that interests you particularly.

Hmmm, maybe Lego Direct has legs after all -- if they can seize the moment.

-- Richard