 Dear LEGO / 1579
1578  |  1580
Subject:
megabloks answer our requests (Re: Brad Justus...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:25:07 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Marchetti writes:
--snipped--
... MegaBloks is doing a great job with more traditional
brick construction methods and at a fraction of the cost -- check out the
purple/orange Monster Truck, the khaki tank/helicopter set, and the
flourescent colors bucket, look at the value for the money! • --snipped--

Pssst, hey kid,  I have a secret -- I know who REALLY reads Lugnet, Ritvik
reads Lugnet.  I wrote to them, they wrote back.  I wrote them about Lugnet
and RTL.  I see that Ritvik is implementing what AFOL have asked for.in the
dictionary!

gotta throw my two cents in here and admit that i seriously believe
megabloks is answering the afol's requests.  i picked up the smaller tank model
(around 300 pieces for $10.00) and the battleship model (around 800 pieces for
$20.00) and i'm quite pleased with both of these models.  (reviews to show up
somewhere in the near future.)

awesome numbers of pieces in each set at a VERY affordable price.  also, it's
incredible how the company could have easily passed out a lot of 4x8, 4x10,
4x12 plates but instead do the construction with a larger number of 2x4 plates.

true, the bricks don't have the nice "shiny" quality and there are still some
points in designs that could use some improvement, but the company i would neve
even have LOOKED at before is getting a larger portion of my hobby-money then
they used to get.

..joseph g