 Dear LEGO / 1548
Re: Brad Justus...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 00:08:36 GMT

"Timothy D. Freshly" wrote:

Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in message
news:38AAF740.349174D8@umich.edu...
I can hear it now.... "yes, we would like to sell you those blue train • windows, but
we can't since it would deplete most of our current inventory, and it • doesn't look
like they will be included in the production schedule (to make more) for • the rest
of the year".

Let's hope this scenario is not true!

Just Speculating,

Gary Istok
A Fan Of LEGO since 1960.

Of course, if they allowed AFOLs to bulk order pre-production, they wouldn't
have to worry about depleting their inventory because they would know in
advance how much of each part they need to manufacture (their needs + AFOL
advance bulk order needs = Total Production run of part X).

I don't know about you, but I'd be happy to wait three to six months for my bulk
order to make it through the production queue--at least it'll be *possible*.
(However, I know that such a delay would not be acceptable for most FOLs, and
wouldn't be the sort of thing TLG would base its service around.)

best

Lindsay