 Dear LEGO / 1572
Re: Brad Justus...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 01:29:45 GMT

Richard Marchetti wrote:

In lugnet.dear-lego, Larry Pieniazek writes:
You're not going to get what you're asking for, it would bankrupt the company.

Then it will bankrupt the company anyway, because if they think kids want
either this junior junk, or their unusually lame CD-ROM games -- then their
whole marketing theory is wrong.  They need to get back to brick basics and
pronto.  TLC's number one goal should be to satisfy builder whimsy.

Apples and oranges. Yes, the current line of sets is rather less than we
could wish, but instituting a service in which I can buy one tile for 1
cent is going to bankrupt the company. Some restrictions will be needed
or it will fail. Why does Pitsco sell everything in 10 dollar lots?

K8's may be a bit big, I may be exaggerating for effect, but a bulk
operation has to make money for TLC. Further, it has to make more money
than the other things that TLC might invest in or it's a bad use of
capital. Solve that problem or forget about it. IMHO.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!