 Technic / *12101 (-100)
  Are "classic" technic parts doomed?

Is TLS abandoning the classic "Technic" design concept completely? Looking at the new "Technic" sets, it seems that TLC continues its abandonment of the older "classic" Technic concept using holed beams and plates - replacing these with the newer (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic) !

  Another render of set 8458

I made another render of the Silver Champion. I made several tweaks but it's still not where I want it (though it only took 2 days to render instead of 11). Check it out here: (warning 1MB pictue) (URL) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Making Lego MOC Web Pages

(URL) Maxwell" <r34_v@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HD7Ju0.G1C@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) you (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Airplane wing

(...) I am getting much inspiration from early flight pioneers. Their contraptions are fun and fascinating to watch, even those that did not fly. Mostly their designs are more easily translated to Lego. (...) I have been trying flex tube as cross (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  WOW, new heavy haulage and machinery LEGO site on-line (by Harald Ziegler)

Today I went to the Modelshow Europe with some LEGO-models. The show really was great, but I will tell you more about it in a next message. About two years ago I met Harald Ziegler from Germany on the Modelshow Europe. He was there as a visitor. (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic) !!

  Re: Airplane wing

(...) wings... Regards, Paul (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Airplane wing

(...) Actually, he's an early flight pioneer... (URL) I misspelled the mess out of his name! (...) You're on the right track! The only thingthat comes to mind right now is to use flex tubing where possible to substitute for technic axles. That would (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Airplane wing

"Joe Meno" <jmenomeno@aol.com> wrote in message news:HD8qBu.1FuG@lugnet.com... (...) wing. (...) atached a (...) am (...) with (...) Made in LEGO? I dont think I heard of the name before... Do you have any info on the web about him? (...) it (...) (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Airplane wing

(...) Nice construction! Reminds me of the gliders made by Otto Lithenthal. While I initially was one of the "what are you thinking?" people on this, it hit me that a glider could be done using the methods you're using. To get a motor, though.... My (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Airplane wing

Happy easter hollidays! Now I've at last got time to finish the first version of an airplane wing. It had an wingspan of 133cm and the weight was 460gram. And when I atached a light body and tailplane it glided a bit, but it was a bit too heavy so I (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Heavily modified 8880 chassis, succesfully motorised and solar powered.

(...) The motor I'm using is a Maxon RE-max 29, and because you've never heard of it, here's a pdf. :) ftp://ftp.maxonmotor..._141_e.pdf It's model number 226752. Dimensions are in the pdf file. The motor would normally cost ~ 80€, but I asked for a (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Make Your Own HiTechnic Style Radio Control?

(...) (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics)

  what happened to hitechnic?

my question is simply this- what happened to hitechnic? (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Make Your Own HiTechnic Style Radio Control?

Has anyone come up with a radio control transmitter and receiver similar in style and use as the discontinued HiTechnic products? I had planned to purchase some HiTechnic parts for my models, but as they have been dicontinued, I have no idea what to (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics)

  Making Lego MOC Web Pages

Are there any specific things I should know about making a web page to display my Lego MOCs? Do I have to post any statement saying that I am not affiliated with Lego, my views don't necessarily represent Lego's, etc.? Also, does anyone care if I (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Minifig scale snow plow, motorized

Hi all! Call it tiny, call it pathetic, call it cute, here is my first real MOC since the end of my dark ages (oct 2002). Thanks to Tim Strutt for kindly taking this photo and movie at the MONLUG train show. The vehicle is very slow, due to the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  Re: Heavily modified 8880 chassis, succesfully motorised and solar powered.

(...) Can you provide the dimensions of the motor, or possibly the exact brand/model of the motor? What did you have to do to connect it to the 9V Lego Battery box (cutting of wires, soldering, etc.) ? Thanks for the info. MM (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Question about set 8094

"Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:HD6HJ9.15w7@lugnet.com... (...) Well I own that set and it is a felt tip pen. With a pretty hard tip on it. A good pen actually. Not used it much, but I still have the pen and it works. (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Question about set 8094

Adrian Egli's utterance expressed in news:HD6r5v.244G@lugnet.com: (...) A4 is 297 mm * 210 mm A3 is 210 mm * 148 mm which is 8.25 in. by 5.8 in. so.. it is pretty close to the metric A3-format. Leg godt! (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Question about set 8094

"Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:HD6HJ9.15w7@lugnet.com... (...) I suppose you could call it a felt-ball point (?) because you can't see the felt but uses the same type of ink as one (dries quick). (...) The paper (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Question about set 8094

Jonathan Wilson's utterance expressed in news:HD6HJ9.15w7@lugnet.com: (...) I don't own it, but am almost sure it is a felt-tip pen. It has to be able to glide easily over the paper. Ball- points has a tendency to "scratch" the paper when held (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Heavily modified 8880 chassis, succesfully motorised and solar powered.

(...) An image says more than a thousand words :D (URL) this above image you see the part of the car the motor is strapped to. On top of the 2 yellow 8x1 plates rests the motor, with the 16 tooth gear on its axle. The rubber band around the motor (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Question about set 8094

1.what type of pen is the technic pen included in the set? (ball-point, felt tip, etc) and 2.what type and size is the paper? A4? (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Flex System question

(...) pneumatics etc. Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Question about the technic action figure diving accessories

(...) You can probably work out a pretty good length by looking at this: (URL) the curve about the same as in the instructions and you should be fine. Sure it won't be down to mm but does it matter? Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Flex System question

(...) Well I used them for hydraulic rams 8?) (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Question about the technic action figure diving accessories

Can anyone tell me what sort of hose and what length of hose should be used for the air-hose that goes with these accessories? (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Heavily modified 8880 chassis, succesfully motorised and solar powered.

(...) How difficult was it to ensure that the motor was straight, level, and the gears meshed properly? It seems like a lot of work, but it really paid off! How did you do it? :) I love the speed of it in the movie. How fast do you estimate it was (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: bionicle masks

(...) www.brickbay.com or www.ebay.com Those are where i would go. Tukua (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: 60c01 24 tooth clutch gear question.

(...) You can do the same thing with a differential, and it is much more efficient. Put ratchets on the output of the diff. One output drives the compressor, and the other drives the switch. You will have to connect the switch to a crank so its (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hercules Jr.

(...) You have some good points there. I wasn't meaning to speak badly of the small walker projects- I'm actually one of the people who started the whole mini-walker thing. I meant that some of the larger projects have definitely been more complex, (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hercules Jr.

(...) I agree completely. Einstein said "Make things as simple as possible, but not simpler". Making things as simple as possible takes a lot of work sorting out relevent from irrelevent. That is a lot of mental effort. (...) Living within (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bringing Up an Old Thread

(...) Hm... He has not posted to .technic in over a year and Brickshelf seems to be down at the moment. Your best bet is probably to go there and search for member by last namne, enter Camilleri and see if he pops up. Google returned nothing... Best (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Flex System question

(...) I use them all the time to connect servos with the polarity switches: (URL) really need to make a page on how I do this with better photos) Other then that I don't have much use for them... Someday perhaps? Even TLC seems to have a hard time (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hercules Jr.

(...) I often build big, but I don't put much effort in what I build. I build for recreation from a long day of problem solving so I don't like to struggle with more problems when I get home. My projects almost always "fly togheter" from a handful (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Heavily modified 8880 chassis, succesfully motorised and solar powered.

(...) Cool! (...) pieces! Makes me remember that cartoon over at BIMP: (URL)Finally, a movie of the car taking a sprint, with me running after it (...) And wow! But yikes! Well done! If *that's* not solar power, what is? (...) For you, I'll tip my (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: question about set 8062

(...) IIRC, they're the old 'standard' small tyre. You'll find them in older (70's-80's, maybe a bit later) town & space sets, but they'll generally come attached to wheels (and they're a fairly tight fit). Cheers Richie Dulin (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: question about set 8062

I believe this is the part you are looking for: (URL) Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:HD3x6q.1IDu@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: question about set 8062

(...) Looking up this set in Peeron: (URL) the large tyres are 6581, and the small ones are 3641: (2 URLs) of these numbers are the LDraw numbers for these parts. Hope that helped! Dan (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  question about set 8062

the set includes 6 large baloon tyres but also 2 small tyres. What other set(s) include the same small tyres and/or where can I find a proper bricklink/partsref link for said tyres? (I am trying to get hold of 2 fo my own 8062) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Bringing Up an Old Thread

The following project seems interesting. (...) Can anyone tell me if this project is completed, or if it is posted anywhere? Good luck if you are still working on it. Thanks for the info. MM (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: 60c01 24 tooth clutch gear question.

(...) It doesn't disengage. The friction clutch is always "on". The amount of friction is signficant, in relation to LEGO parts. If you hold the gear with your fingers, and try to turn an axle that's through the hole, you can turn it with a little (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Flex System question

8074: (URL) both are 4cm don`t know about the 8444 or 5118... One thing I am wondering about... Who uses these things? I have the 8074, and other than the instuctions that came with the set and some in one of the idea books I have never built (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  60c01 24 tooth clutch gear question.

I am wondering how these gears work: (URL) have never seen one of these gears, but it seems to be the solution to building a motorized pneumatic valve control where the same motor also runs the compressor... Something i thought sbout making for a (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: An old machine

(...) Well, I didn't put any sign of it on my website, so you could not knew it. I've just added some links the last three months, no models. I will do that ASAP (the MAN + Liebherr, a mixer truck (the 5-axle Scania on BIMP and probably the DAF 95XF (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hercules Jr.

(...) I disagree :-) Big, monster creations with a lot of function can be impressive. However, something that is designed to be "as insignificant" as possible can be just as, if not more, impressive! If you take a moment and try to understand a (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: An old machine

(...) Unbelivable, I didn't see your model !!! In the last month I didn't visit your site !!! We are building quite the same models without according. (...) Thanks (...) I started to built also a trailer (in red bricks) to combine with my blue MAN (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hercules Jr.

(...) I agree with you, some of the awesome cranes and other projects are much more impressive than something designed to be, literally, as insignificant as possible. On the other hand, I know that sometimes the thought and planning that go into (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Heavily modified 8880 chassis, succesfully motorised and solar powered.

"Gillish" <gillish@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message news:HD11KA.DBC@lugnet.com... (...) trip over the wiring in your sprint to keep up with the model. -- Bob Fay (URL) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Flex System question

(...) A very good question. A asked Lego service for this info, and after much chasing they sent me their "official" document of lengths (which I still have) and a free set. I measured the sent sealed Service Pack against their document and it was (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hercules Jr.

(...) Hopefully you are right. I just don't see how my stupid 5 minute micro walker fits in with amazing cranes and construction vehicles built by people like TJ and Jennifer Clark. (...) ???? This is a wierd way to define a walker. Here is my (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Flex System question

Can someone tell me what lengths of flex cable and tubing come in the 5118 technic cables set, the 8074 flex universal set, the 8444 air enforcer and the 8828 front end loader? All 4 sets have peeron inventories but each inventory uses different (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: mtb-moc

Kevin L. Clague's utterance expressed in news:HD2M3r.1C1p@lugnet.com: (...) hand brake. And it is also a center? brake - not one that grips the hub :( But thanks anyway :) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: mtb-moc

Tobbe Arnesson's utterance expressed in news:HD2B0I.nrn@lugnet.com: (...) The suspension is unfortunately not Lego, but a part from some other toy - it goes against the purism, but I just had to include it. The luggage carrier is the worst thing (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: mtb-moc

(...) I know where that one is. I rip right by it going for the biped links. (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: mtb-moc

(...) holder at the back, that's not MTBish :) I have a memory of someone doing one with working brakes via flex links. ::searches:: Nope, can't find it :( Anyone got an URL? Perhaps the new Hellfire Droid will give better wheels? Sure, there are no (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Bionicle Blaster video and review.

I have posted a review and pictures and even VIDEO of the new ride at Legoland, CA - the Bionicle Blaster. As mentioned by Conrad Frank in this post: (URL) ride opened a few days early so they could test it out and get any bugs out before the grand (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: An old machine

Andrea, Nice to see someone else built the same machine as I did in a meanwhile! Machines like these Liebherr excavators are a challange to build allthough they're not quite big. But because of the limited space it's not easy to put all technic (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

ok done with info.txt thanx very much for your help philo pixel (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

(...) In your "readme" file (URL) please give credit to James Loewen, this is his design MUCH more than mine !!! (...) From MLcad help file: "Inserting a sub-model as a part In the "Available Parts" pane and in the "Part preview" pane there is a (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Heavily modified 8880 chassis, succesfully motorised and solar powered.

As I'm nearly done with the project now, I thought I'd post some photo's and a movie of the solar car in action. First off; the car itself: (URL) you see the motor I've used, and how it's built into the lego construction. Doesn't look like anything (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

hi philo sorry i forgot to send PM folder (URL) you can see i used axle pin with tow ball because the krankshaft is "reversed" it saves one piece :) (...) when i create .mpd file i cannot use models on one drawing i mean switching between models (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

(...) Oh yes, it's a Technic Axle Towball ! Philo (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

Hello ! (...) ;o)) (...) No, it was not included in count. Actually, your mini7_01 has the same part count as monopod6. (...) What did you use to secure triangle on the crankshaft ? (...) Actually I didn't create the bent part in (URL) as an (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  mtb-moc

I got bored with the all the walkers and wanted to make something with wheels - and why not try a great hobby of mine - the mountainbike. But why oh why doesn't Lego make thin wheels at about 20 studs height :(( The only wheels I have suitable for (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: An old machine

(...) Building in technic figure scale often means working in a little space, and further the RCX output port are limited to 3. I decided programming model in two different configuration: 1) Steering and drivetrain when model walking (program 1) 2) (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: An old machine

(...) which function to activate? (...) I really like these modelteam/technic MOC's with mindstorms control! Especially when they are so loaded with gears :) Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pics of Road Train Turning on road plates!

(...) Cool!!! Play well, Jacob (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  An old machine

Near my home I found an old wheeled Liebherr 900. I decided to give it a new life. Main images (URL) by RCX, and supported from air by my Atlas compressor, main function on this model are: 1) Steering-Tower rotation combined, controlled by the same (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.robotics) !

  Jamocklaquat - Foot Development

Ankle joint consists of a dual worm table mounted back to back to form a square with two 9V motors driving the pivot rotation. The toes are highly geared down to provide additional balance control. The planetary z24 gears that help steady the (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  bionicle masks

Is there anyone who has or knwos a place where I can find a place witch bionicle masks exist? (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Pics of Road Train Turning on road plates!

(...) I was having traction issues with previous versions, but the added weigth of the finished trailers made it possible! So for you I built this test strip. I tried a few times before taking photos and it worked everytime! Corners were no problem (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  Re: Town scale Road Train with steering trailers

(...) Play well, Jacob (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  Re: Helicopter project

"Paul Krieg" <pdkrieg@epix.net> wrote in message news:HCu204.1Hn0@lugnet.com... (...) we'll see if the history will remember me :) i suspect if you will buid the helicopter even using my ideas you be the one mentioned by the ages :))) pixel (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:HCxAx3.1zrL@lugnet.com... (...) hi i suspected that you guys can beat me during weekend it's true with just one "but" do we count the electric connector? i do see my design (however (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hercules Jr.

(...) Hey, cool design tweak. I've come up with a design revision for Hercules that is the same overall size as this one, although it uses a different design. I think if you combined this foot design with the one you just came up with, you could (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What I've Been Working On

(...) Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LoTek Single Set Power Pulling

(...) Hi Max! Yeah, both of my little contest are still open. I've been laying low with them for a while beacuse I have a lot to do at the moment. I hope to announce them in full blast in a month or so. Please do a formal pull and let us see the (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: K-700A articulated tractor

(...) Hey! That's neat! I especially like how he got around the z24 crown -> dif. problem. Clever and quite obious when you see it. Good work Axel, who ever you are and where ever you might be! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hercules Jr.

first off, I love this micro bot stuff. I highly doubt that people using technic bricks would disapprove of the microbots considering the furious amount of momentum all the builders involved have achieved. Not too mention the dialouge that they have (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Hercules Jr.

At the risk of thoroughly annoying all of the real technic builders here (people who build cranes and trucks, etc) here is yet another tiny walker. I said I would stop after the first one, but its kind of fun :) I was able to make Hercules a fair (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: It must be Technic, it's got tracks :-)

(...) I think these are the SRB's: (URL) B. (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: It must be Technic, it's got tracks :-)

(...) ROSCO PS: Paul Baulch also did a nice shuttle transporter a while back (URL) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Town scale Road Train with steering trailers

(...) In Australia, I think B-double and triple usually refers to trains where each trailer has a fifth wheel on the back axle block. Road train generally refers to trailers with yoked front axle, similar to horse drawn carriages in the old wild (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  What I've Been Working On

I've been trying to build a realistic, articulate, 4-wheel drive chassis. This is the best I've done so far. I had to stop at this point because the drive train I'd integrated was too stressed to power. I won't have time to do anymore for a while, (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  LoTek Single Set Power Pulling

Tobbe Arnesson, this is a question for you. Is your Single Set Power Pulling competition ( (URL) ) still open to compete in? I got bored and just started toying with building new designs of my 8457 and I think it will pull a fair amount of weight. (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  It must be Technic, it's got tracks :-)

Check out this brlliant model (URL) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Town scale Road Train with steering trailers

"Gerard Steenbeek" <interdutch2000@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet news:HCvsA0.1zyL@lugnet.com... (...) Something like this is used in the 'trains' in amusement parks (and other places, we have one here in Eskilstuna driving from the station to the (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  Re: baby walker

(...) Great! The six piece design is nicer all around, but I guess if someone wants the design with one less piece, the fiver is kind of neat in its own way. This is actually less than an inch tall! I guess that probably classifies it as the (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

(...) Here they are: The 5 pieces version looks really disproportionate: (URL) 6 pieces is nicer and "walks" well: (URL) (350K) Philo www.philohome.com (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

(...) Thanks, I'll be trying it out soon myself. I figured that if it lifted its foot off the ground, it would more easily be considered a walker. I hope you have fun watching it stomp around :). -jrl P.S. Are you planning on taking any pics? (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

(...) Actually no, the double bent liftarm has no point where it balances perfectly. (...) yes, (URL) (but I've none yet!) (...) Sure you can !!! (...) Yes it works, but to rise the foot completely you have to add the bottom motor part. I had a (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

it works well with part x 265 peeron: (URL) Gjerløw Jørgensen" <lgjPURGE@jyde.dk> wrote in message news:Xns935471471AE2....63.236... (...) on (...) pulley (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

(...) The micro motor's ring will acutally fit on more than that. I have sucessfully used it with a "gear 16 tooth with clutch": (URL) well as directly on to the bottom of a brick, or in one of the holes of a beam. (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

(...) I was just thinking about the design and that I would really like to have it lift its foot off the ground, and I think I have something. I think that a 1x7 liftarm with an 18 long flex tube would be a touch smaller and allow the foot to clear (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Town scale Road Train with steering trailers

(...) connect (...) What I built is a B triple, those seem to be rare, more common are B doubles. (URL) that photo they have 2 B doubles together. In north america you sometimes see B doubles as well. Mine also pivots at the end of the trailers to (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  Re: yet another teensy walker

(...) That's really cool, congrats on a great job. I've actually found a way that you could make it a little smaller. I'll make an LCAD file and E-mail it to you. It looks a little interesting, but it should work. :) -jrl (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: yet another teensy walker

(...) Right. Its really only got two legs. (...) I wanted to do that, but it would make the critter much bigger. You need two gears running in parallel for each leg, so having four legs that move independantly would double the size. I used this type (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Town scale Road Train with steering trailers

(...) Hi Gerard That looks really interesting! I've never seen road trains with axles like that - all the ones i've seen just have a standard trailer first, and the following trailers have a steerable axle on the front with a yoke to connect to the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  My Power Puller Project

Would anyone be able to offer some simple hints on how to build a stronger Lego frame, or how to increase pulling ability (such as gearing, which motors to use, how many motors)? I would also like information on pendulum style suspensions. I am now (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact