 Technic / 9962
Re: 60c01 24 tooth clutch gear question.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:20:13 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Gerard Steenbeek writes:

I have never seen one of these gears, but it seems to be the solution to
building a motorized pneumatic valve control where the same motor also runs
the compressor... Something i thought sbout making for a new project i`m
planning...

You can do the same thing with a differential, and it is much more
efficient. Put ratchets on the output of the diff. One output drives the
compressor, and the other drives the switch. You will have to connect the
switch to a crank so its motion is cyclic.

How does this gear disengage? is there a lot of friction when it does?

Yup, thats the problem.

Rob