 Technic / 9963
Re: Heavily modified 8880 chassis, succesfully motorised and solar powered.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 21:59:20 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Gillis Hommen writes:
As I'm nearly done with the project now, I thought I'd post some photo's and
a movie of the solar car in action.

Here you see the motor I've used, and how it's built into the lego
construction. Doesn't look like anything special really. :)
http://home.hccnet.nl/gillis.hommen/DSC00102.JPG

How difficult was it to ensure that the motor was straight, level, and the
gears meshed properly? It seems like a lot of work, but it really paid off!
How did you do it? :) I love the speed of it in the movie. How fast do you
estimate it was going? Good luck with finishing it.

MM