 Technic / 9247
Re: Heavily modified 8880 chassis, succesfully motorised and solar powered.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:16:25 GMT

"Gillish" <gillish@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
The lego motor is thinking of going on a strike or even dying
though...It already performs far worse than it did before using the same
power, but now it's also surging on and off when it's being loaded • heavily.
I've been looking around for alternative motors, ...the only problem is,
that motor costs over 80 euros

I think it is time to consider a lighter chassis. Your project is getting
rather pricey. Maybe some voltage regulation would protect the Lego motor.
The Lego Capacitor and regulators are very good for that. Their output is
2.5 volts, so you would have to set them up as series outputs. Being that
your not transporting the supply, you can afford the extra weight. Good
luck!