 Technic / 9509
Re: Heavily modified 8880 chassis, succesfully motorised and solar powered.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 15:22:59 GMT

"Gillish" <gillish@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
It should ideally use as little gears and axles as
possible, and of course fit into the chassis without too much
modifications...

You are getting the message. When you press LEGO to work too hard it screams
"TOY" and leaves a trail of plastic dust behind. I think you will have to
use some kind of control to gradually accelerate your model. The torque
required to start motion is very high because of the transmission and the
differential drive. I am sure you are using large tires which create a lot
of friction. Maybe some sort of rheostat would help get the model moving
bringing it up to full speed gradually. The "clicking" gears are your safety
signal that your pressing things a bit too much. Good luck with you project
and may the sun accommodate your schedule.

--
Bob Fay

http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay/