 Technic / 9980
Re: Heavily modified 8880 chassis, succesfully motorised and solar powered.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 09:47:38 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Max Maxwell writes:
In lugnet.technic, Gillis Hommen writes:
I finally have a new motor; it's the 90% efficiency industrial motor I was
talking about earlier; I managed to get it for 50€.
When it does run, though, it runs great. On a 9v lego battery box it gets up
to 'jogging' pace, and that's only 9v, the solar panel should be feeding it
over 16 volts!
Can you provide the dimensions of the motor, or possibly the exact
brand/model of the motor? What did you have to do to connect it to the 9V
Lego Battery box (cutting of wires, soldering, etc.) ? Thanks for the info.

MM

The motor I'm using is a Maxon RE-max 29, and because you've never heard of
it, here's a pdf. :)
ftp://ftp.maxonmotor.com/Public/Download/catalog_2002/Pdf/02_141_e.pdf
It's model number 226752.
Dimensions are in the pdf file. The motor would normally cost ~ 80€, but I
asked for a discount, using the school-project as an excuse, and got it for
50€. Still a friggin lot, but I only paid half that myself. :)

I simply soldered a wire to the motor, and when using the 9v battery box I
just hold the wires onto the 'electric studs'. Not very convenient but it's
not the way it's supposed to be used anyway.