 Technic / 9518
Re: Heavily modified 8880 chassis, succesfully motorised and solar powered.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 09:09:13 GMT

"Gillish" <gillish@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message news:HBDEDp.IGn@lugnet.com...
I wonder it would opperate if you could build an automatic transmission.
  Regards,
      Paul

Interesting idea, but I personally would have no idea how to build an
automatic transmission from lego.
I do know that the 'classical' automatic transmission converts the torque by
using viscous fluids that drive specially formed discs. I don't think that's
possible to build with lego, and automatic transmissions of this kind are
also reknown for poor efficiency.
I would still like to try it if you know a way to build an automatic
transmission from lego though.

hi

have a look here

Simeon Fitch did it