 Technic / 9942
Re: Flex System question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 15:04:13 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Can someone tell me what lengths of flex cable and tubing come in the 5118
technic cables set

A very good question.  A asked Lego service for this info, and after much
chasing they sent me their "official" document of lengths (which I still
have) and a free set.

I measured the sent sealed Service Pack against their document and it was
way out!  It is therefore possible that the contents of the 5118 service
pack change over time.  (Or it is possible that Lego Service don't know what
Lego Shipping pack into a bag.)

The mm measurements for this set on Peeron are the ones I supplied from the
sealed set - http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/5118-1  which was shipped about
6 to 9 months ago.

The only reliable measurement of flex cables is to mm (not studs) as I have
two technic sets where flex cables differ by 1mm between them.  Both are
used for car steering and consequently result in "toe-in" or "toe-out" if
you use the wrong cable.

William