 Technic / 9937
Re: mtb-moc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:52:39 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
In lugnet.technic, Lars Gjerløw Jørgensen writes:
I got bored with the all the walkers and wanted to make
something with wheels - and why not try a great hobby
of mine - the mountainbike. But why oh why doesn't Lego
make thin wheels at about 20 studs height  :((  The only
wheels I have suitable for an mtb are the big ones from
the RIS. But here's the result: A mountainbike with two
gears. The bike does actually work - the wheels run easy,
but the gearshift would be very dangerous, since there
is no mechanism to move the chain (rubberband) between
the pulleys.

post moderation:

Nice! You even fitted a suspension seatpost! But I don't aprove of the packet
holder at the back, that's not MTBish :)

I have a memory of someone doing one with working brakes via flex links.

::searches::

Nope, can't find it :( Anyone got an URL?

I know where that one is. I rip right by it going for the biped links.

http://www.geocities.com/technicpuppy/

Kevin

Perhaps the new Hellfire Droid will give better wheels? Sure, there are no
spokes in them but problems are there to be solved :)

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)