 Technic / 9928
9927  |  9929
Subject:
mtb-moc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 12:35:11 GMT

I got bored with the all the walkers and wanted to make
something with wheels - and why not try a great hobby
of mine - the mountainbike. But why oh why doesn't Lego
make thin wheels at about 20 studs height  :((  The only
wheels I have suitable for an mtb are the big ones from
the RIS. But here's the result: A mountainbike with two
gears. The bike does actually work - the wheels run easy,
but the gearshift would be very dangerous, since there
is no mechanism to move the chain (rubberband) between
the pulleys.

mtb:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gadooble/mtb/anmtb.jpg

first gear:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gadooble/mtb/mtbgear1.jpg

second gear:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gadooble/mtb/mtbgear2.jpg

with equipment (not practical!):
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gadooble/mtb/mtbequip.jpg

another profile:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gadooble/mtb/mtbside1.jpg

with lights on:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gadooble/mtb/light.jpg

post moderation:

Leg godt, sjovt og anderledes!

--
| lars gjerløw jørgensen | lgj[at]jyde[dot]dk  |
| N55 43.184  E12 32.405 | www.lgj.dk | oz2lgj |