 Star Wars / *14898 (-100)
  Trademark infringement by LEGO and Lucasfilm?

Hi, everyone. I found 2003 SW sets at the Wal-Mart in Livonia, MI, and the assortment included Jabba's palace. Well, I looked on the side, where it showed the figures, and saw that one was named "Gonk Droid™". Now, if memory serves, this term was (...) (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general) !

  Re: SW MiniBust-- Imperial Stormtrooper

(...) Thanks for the thoughts, Jon. I agree wholeheartedly that TLG would probably do a great job themseves. The (upcoming) SW mini ships indicate a new acceptance of SNOT from them... And I'm going to try and do more myself, but definitely want to (...) (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

"Stuart Immonen" <stuartNOSPAM@immonen.ca> wrote in message news:H7HA2M.BxL@lugnet.com... (...) That is a really neat idea. I have a strong feeling this could be the start of a fad. On another note imagine how cool it would be if LEGO had made (...) (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  SW MiniBust-- Imperial Stormtrooper

I got to thinking on a lazy Saturday... 1)I think my favourite part of mecha building is creating the head and 2)I think TLG missed the boat somewhat on their Technic SW figs and 3) I had a lot of small white pieces.... So I made this. I'd like to (...) (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: 10030 Imperial Star Destroyer shipping now...

Just an update: I actually did get mine on December 12th even though I didn't order until late november and the estimated shipping date was "by december 31st". Lego customer service is good indeed and they've almost always shipped things out earlier (...) (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOC: Rebel Blockade Runner

(...) Cool. Thanks very much for the feedback! As far as how I made the instructions, here's the basic process.... 1. Model the file in MLCAD. 2. Use MLCAD to generate the the parts list and LDraw files for each step. I wrote a little program (...) (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars LDraw Models by Nth Dimension Website

Thank You!Thank You!Thank You! :-) Gary "Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H7DuFt.Fv4@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) models: (...) (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOC: Rebel Blockade Runner

Very nice! I have browsed your site several time previous and was very impressed. I also see that your photography on this model looks alot more professional too. The instructions are very well put together. I can tell you tried to make it look as (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Jabba the Hutt's hands

"Julie Krenz" <dkrenz@mc.net> wrote in message news:H7FKpw.MsL@lugnet.com... (...) all. (...) I wonder if you can pop them out and replace them with true minifig arms and hands? -- Grant Giandonato Check out my eBay auctions: (URL) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Jabba the Hutt's hands

In case anybody was wondering...you can't move them :( His arm go up and down but you can't move the position of the hands at all. Julie (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars LDraw Models by Nth Dimension Website

(...) Also, I found it really great if you turn reflections to 0. This gives the smooth shading, or "cell shading" effect. Reflection statements are found in the color definitions, just do a find for "reflection" and you should see it. Set all of (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars LDraw Models by Nth Dimension Website

(...) 1. Open LPub 2. Click on the POV tab 3. Click on the Rendering tab 4. Click on the drop-down menu and choose "MEGA-POV => POV-Ray 3.1 5. Now the MEGAPOV Tab shoul be enabled. Note make SURE you downloaded POV-Ray 3.1g for windows and NOT (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars LDraw Models by Nth Dimension Website

(...) Opps sorry about that. Those links have been fixed. One had a type (no one left to speak) and the other was linking somehere else. =) Here is a quicker link to them: (URL) this way you miss the rest of the website. =( (...) There are 6 in the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: OLD pics (1983 to 2000) documenting the sordid past of my Star Wars Customs!

(...) LOL, Tobbe...I assume you mean the generous layer of dust on the hull plates? I've never been one to try to clean my LEGO, but in the case of the Falcon I can get away with it! Makes it look like it just flew in from Lucas' "used universe!" ; (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: starwars and seeds

Since I saw the promo shots, I've liked the look of the Genfighter...those alligator jaws look great and the new slopes and dishes on the sonic cannon look very promising. Even more promising is your decision to bring some of the brick back to your (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOC: Rebel Blockade Runner

(...) What a sweet hyperdrive ring for the Jedi Starfighter. (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars LDraw Models by Nth Dimension Website

Hey Ahui, I looked at your site for the first time, what triggered me were not the Starwars models (don't worry, they look fine) but that you combined LEGO with poetry. I've never seen that before, certainly not on that scale. Truly original en (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOC: Rebel Blockade Runner

(...) Thanks David! I'm glad you liked the videos. Hopefull I'll find the time to create more some day... J (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars LDraw Models by Nth Dimension Website

Thanks. I followed the LPub installation instruction, downloaded & installed the other components (l3GO, PovRay, MegaPOV, MLCad, etc.), and successfully rendered my mpd. However, when I look at the MegaPOV tab in LPub, it is completely blank! I (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: OLD pics (1983 to 2000) documenting the sordid past of my Star Wars Customs!

<<snip>> (...) The pictures is not the only thing that's fuzzy: (URL) cool, I love seeing peoples old MOC's. I wish I took some photos of my pre dark-ages MOC's, I can't remember much of 'em :( I don't know if I liked it a tenth of your building (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  OLD pics (1983 to 2000) documenting the sordid past of my Star Wars Customs!

Hi all, I've been knee deep in UCS Star Destroyer and have otherwise not had much time with my LEGO lately. However, I did finally get a scanner, so I've got two decades worth of pics to share (for better or worse : P )! The evolution of my Falcon (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Redesigning the Star Destroyer

(...) Actually, I was pretty impressed by how strongly the magnets seem to hold...while still allowing for relatively easy removal of the plate sections for internal access. The only piece I've had fall off while I was holding it was one of the back (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars LDraw Models by Nth Dimension Website

(...) The porgram is called MEGAPov. It is an unoffical patch of POV-Ray. You can get it here: (URL) the same as POV-Ray but you use the find_egde function to get the brick lines. An easier way is to install POV, MEGAPOv and LPub. LPub has a (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars LDraw Models by Nth Dimension Website

Wow! Nice renderings (the models are great too)! What program did you use to get the nice element delineation (brick lines) to show up? LPub? (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My Mini arrived today

(...) CORRECTION! woooohoooooo! I DID get mine today WHEEEE HE HE HEEEEEE! happy Jeff! (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 1/2 off at T R Us

fyi toys r us has a 1/2 off sale buy a set and get 1/2 off another set of lesser value or equal i got a geonosian fighter for $10 :-) (and i bought the santa fe chief as the primary purchase) -paul (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  starwars and seeds

picked up one of these (URL) fighter have to say, its pretty damn cool also picked up the Santa Fe Chief train engine have decided to bring a few bins of lego back to my apt, so look for me to do some building if I can squeeze it in. the .seed idea (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Star Wars LDraw Models by Nth Dimension Website

Get the nth Dimension Star Wars CAD model again. I had posted these models to brickshelf after the nth-Dimension website went down. After the brickshelf moderating went up, my folder has been blocked. So I have made a webpage so you can stil get the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad) !

  Re: My Mini arrived today (mini AT-AT)

Well I got my mini tie yesterday. It came with a small poster showing the hoth battle. It featured the mini snow speeder and mini at-st and out of focus in the background is a mini at-at. So as far as I know this is the first pic of the mini at-at. (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  A few comments on SE Naboo Fighter

Got one using the buy one get second 50% off sale at TRU. Much better translation of the shape. The chrome pieces are, of course, awesome. I was also quite intrigued by the click-joint used in the stand, which is much small smaller and much more (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Something unusual(?)

Dear all, Here is some light entertainment: (URL) aware that the video file linked by the image is a 6 mb Divx 4 AVI) I'll post some notes on how I made it soon - for now enjoy the movie! (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad)

  Re: sneak2

(...) Interestink. Veeeery interestink. I like the editing methods you used too - very unique. Can't wait to see what all these things are. -Chris (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Orient sets now available from S@H in Europe too!

(...) are (...) Aaaaarrgggghhh!! Not in The Netherlands :-( But in Germay they are. Could that mean that they are available in the Legostore in Köln? They have the whole S@H line in their store. Does somebody have an answer for me? Saskia (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Orient sets now available from S@H in Europe too!

Hi, Just checked S@H. All the new Orient Expedition, NBA and Star Wars sets are now available for ordering in Europe too. Do I have to mention, that I just ordered all the Orient sets... Merry Christmas Kecia (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: sneak2

Looks like we're in for an onslaught when the fleet arrives! Really dig that effect BTW.... Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: sneak2

So, maybe that's what this (URL) this (URL) all about. Mmm, sand green. Looks like a cool MOC, Jon! -JHK (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  sneak2

(URL) j o n -- | Lego - (URL) Shipyard - (URL) Moonbase - (URL) Store - (URL) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOC: Rebel Blockade Runner

(...) Thanks! I never understood why LEGO made the engines orange. To me, the engines clearly look more yellowish in the movie. Maybe I'm just colorblind, or have a really crappy TV. :) J (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOC: Rebel Blockade Runner

(...) Wow! Nice site! Love the videos! Nicely done. I laughed with the Indiana/Solo video! Keep up the great works and the great MOCs (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOC: Rebel Blockade Runner

(...) Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, you're not the only one wishing for instructions for the booster ring, but fear not, they will hopefully be up shortly after the holidays. J (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOC: Rebel Blockade Runner

Very nice! I like your other creations too, very smooth and true to prototype. Especially the hyperdrive ring. Aren't the Runner's engine supposed to glow orange though? Don't know for sure, but that's the way they are on both official models. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New 2003 Sets

(...) From what I have read, they sort of moved on to bigger and better things. The same thing will happen with E2. There will be many sets left to make, just won't make them all. And does the TIE Bomber come with a Pilot like the TIE fighter or is (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I think we all knew that this would be happening soon...

(...) Or try www.tinyurl.com Aaron (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOC: Rebel Blockade Runner

Jason, I like it Jason! It's a nice variation. I think it would be easier to get the parts for that than the official mico RBR. Just wish you would post instructions and all for the rest of your stuff, mostly your Hyperdrive ring. Keep up the great (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I think we all knew that this would be happening soon...

(...) For future reference: (URL) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I think we all knew that this would be happening soon...

(...) Buy it now for 30 bucks!?!?! I'll sell it for 15, hell even 10. That's a hell of a mark up. Somebody buy one, maybe he got solid gold ones instead of plastic. (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  I think we all knew that this would be happening soon...

(URL) have shortened the link, but couldn't find the URL shortener site...sorry) Matt (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My Mini arrived today

(...) Snip (...) I wish I was so lucky--maybe it'll come in the next few days...:( Jeff (deepthroat without mini tie-ironic, huh?) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My Mini arrived today

(...) Snip (...) I wish I was so lucky--maybe it'll come in the next few days...:( Jeff (deepthroat without mini tie-ironic, huh?) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  MOC: Rebel Blockade Runner

Hello people, You can find pictures of my latest custom, a 'not so mini' mini Rebel Blockader Runner, here: (URL) recently been obsessed with creating instructions and this is my first custom that comes complete with LDraw file, parts list and PDF (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.inst) !

  Re: AT-TE Assembled Pics

Thanks Joe! Attaching this to mecha group for those interested. I think we'll be putting these to good use. Mark (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.mecha)

  My Mini arrived today

When I got home today I found that our Star Wars mini sets had arrived in the mail. Thanks Jeff for your heads up here: (URL) ! I scanned the box, enclosed letter and the polybag set itself for those that missed out. There is a poster too, but since (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars) !

  Re: AT-TE Assembled Pics

(...) I don't have the AT-TE set (yet) but you can get 2 of the the ball joints in the Geonosian Fighter set...they are pretty sturdy, and have a bit more resistance than the technic ball and sockets. The attachment point on the ball is relatively (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  New 2003 Sets

First time writer long time reader. Why are there no Episode 1 sets for the 2003 lineup. I know it wasn't the most popular movie, but it did have some cool stuff in LEGO form. There are still several sets that could be made. And does the TIE Bomber (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Lowdown on 2003 @ WAL* MART

(...) It wasn't the giving out the information of the availability of certain sets that was the problem, but the sharing of information on certain quantities. The public DOES NOT have right to know how many sets a certain retailer has, whether it is (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  ISD: 6:45

Six hours and forty five minutes. The thing is beautiful, and I have six 2x8 plates unused. what an amazing build! (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Lowdown on 2003 @ WAL* MART

I don't think they can really call it a leak, I just bought Jabba's Palace this weekend at Wal*Mart. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  LEGO Imagination Center at Disneyland has new SW, Orient Expedition, and Basket Ball

I went to the Disneyland LEGO Imagination Center and they had all the new Adventurers Orient Expedition sets, the new Star Wars sets, and the new basket ball sets. They had large stocks of all the new stuff. In addition, there are good discounts: - (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: AT-TE Assembled Pics

Not having any of the Technic ball and sockets that you mentioned, could not compare their strength thereof. The ball is actually in two halves and has changed from the boxed pic to the actual one that has four depressions for studs. The connectors (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AT-TE Assembled Pics

Only four clone troopers come with the set. Regards, ACPin & Sons (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 10030 Imperial Star Destroyer shipping now...

(...) Just got mine this past week, Tuesday. Picked up the box and almost got a hernia. This thing is huge (wow that's a lot of parts to sort). My wife bought it for me for Xmas so I think I may have to wait until then to build it, but is becons me (...) (22 years ago, 15-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AT-TE Assembled Pics

Hey, what's the stiffness like on those new ball sockets? Are they stronger or weaker than the existing technic ball and sockets? Us mech(a) folks are dying to know! Those legs look like new hinge bits too. Is that the case? Mark (...) (22 years ago, 15-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 10030 Imperial Star Destroyer shipping now...

(...) It's been two weeks since you posted, so you probably know by now whether yours is going to ship by the 31st or earlier by now, but anyway: I didn't order until 11/11 (foolish me! bah), so instead of the December 6th estimate that had been up (...) (22 years ago, 15-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AT-TE Assembled Pics

(...) Thanks for the pics . So how many Clone Troopers come with the set? Regards, Kevin (22 years ago, 15-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Lowdown on 2003 @ WAL* MART

OOO...OOOH! Oh man! That's not good. I hope I don't get in trouble. (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: Building the ISD myself seemed like too much work...

(...) You need to make more of these, it's amazingly funny and the pictures are great! Terry (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Lowdown on 2003 @ WAL* MART

Tony, it's a bad idea to leak this stuff. Sure it may be old news . But your computer at work is not a public information system. You don't want to be made into an example for treating it like one. See (URL) what happened with Target in 2001. (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  AT-TE Assembled Pics

Check out our latest opened set from our homepage, AT-TE #4482 ; (URL) you haven't gotten yours, check out what you're missing! And don't forget to see the beetle (battle?) mode on page 2. Just click on the thumbnails to get to the pics. Regards, (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: Redesigning the Star Destroyer

Yep, lets see few things, after all its only 11 days and 12 hours until I open my christmas present (acting pleased will be easy, surprise I'll have to work on). Also, from pictures it looks like the outer edges of the upper/lower hull (with the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  The Lowdown on 2003 @ WAL* MART

Ok here is the deal; When at work today (WAL* MART) I scanned through all the LEGO merchandise on our inventory computer. Here are the prices and quanity you should expect. This may be old news, but I figured I would share it anyway. I should also (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Jabba's Palace Diorama

Check out our latest diorama from our homepage, Jabba's Palace ; (URL) a simple diorama using the three Jabba's Palace sets #4475, #4476 and #4480 with the Hasbro 3D Jabba's playset. There's lots more room to create your own scene from the movie. (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Boxed 2003 Sets

We can feel your pain! So check out the other post that we've done about the opened sets. Regards, ACPin & Sons (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Boxed 2003 Sets

Updated page with AT-TE! Plus if you click on the boxed pic, a pic on a separate window showing the contents inside will pop up. Regards, ACPin & Sons (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New 2003 stuff in Wal-Mart

(...) I'll confirm that the Wal-Mart in North Charleston, SC has all the new sets except the AT-TE, TIE Bomber and the Minis -Orion (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Redesigning the Star Destroyer

Has anybody out there who's got a Star Destroyer experimented with some reengineering to make the thing more stable? I got mine finished (in a mere 14.5 hours!), and it's all together in one piece, but I don't feel good about four magnets and three (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Anakin's story

Not sure if this is old news or not. But lego.com has a story up following Anakin's journey that we know so far, using mini-figs for all the characters, etc. (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building the ISD myself seemed like too much work...

(...) (URL) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Boxed 2003 Sets

ACPin" <ACPin@SirStevesGuide.com> wrote in message news:H718tw.943@lugnet.com... (...) Unless you are keeping the sets spanking new and sealed, is there any chance of some close up photos of the new figs for us poor saps in europe who probably wont (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

"Adrian Drake" <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message news:H6xBDu.MAz@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) Also, my favorite! I can just hear the "wzzz...zzzt" of the lighsaber as the box is opened. (...) Obviously not since standard imperial protocol is to (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building the ISD myself seemed like too much work...

(...) Never mind. Big props to Alex Cruz for graciously offering to let me usurp his bandwidth with a mirror of the story. Thanks Alex! Adrian -- (URL) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Boxed 2003 Sets

Check out our bounty from our homepage, Boxed 2003 Sets; (URL) lucky and found 4475, 4476, 4477, 4478, 4479 and 4480 in two WM today. Just click on the thumbnails to get to the pics. Regards, ACPin & Sons (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New 2003 stuff in Wal-Mart

(...) Yay! Too bad I'm currently in Germany. :( (...) I skimmed this part and read "Jabba's Massage". Eeeeewwwww! Would that be a massage performed *on* him or *by* him? Either way, probably better not to think about it.... Oops, too late.... :) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: Building the ISD myself seemed like too much work...

(...) Instead of Jar Jar's, how about 1,000 Timmys? Although the SD might be put together wrong, at least it would get finished faster! - Bob PS - this was a ROTFLMAO story that made my week! Great job! (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building the ISD myself seemed like too much work...

Thanks to everyone who's checked this out, and written kind words (both here and in email). Unfortunately, the popularity has so overwhelmed my bandwidth that I've been forced to deep link to brickshelf to avoid some costly bandwidth penalties. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building the ISD myself seemed like too much work...

Wow! :) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New 2003 stuff in Wal-Mart

(...) <snip> (...) I've seen them at the most local US Walmart near me (in Niagara Falls, NY). They had the Tie Bomber there, 3 new NBA sets, and nearly all the new Adventure line there. Ben (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  New 2003 stuff in Wal-Mart

I'm sure people who care have already heard the news at FBTB.net, but there are indeed a few shiny new 2003 items in scattered Wal-Marts across the Eastern seaboard. Near me in Newington, CT I picked up a 4479 TIE Bomber, 4475 Jabba's Message and (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  ISD: 340 pieces in one step...gotta be a record

The step in the ISD that Adrian imortalized with the quote, "They need to build 16 of these? The designer must be a sadist." uses (unless I counted wrong) 170 pieces, and you have to do it twice. So that one step alone uses 340 pieces and has you (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Help! I'd like a mini TIE fighter!

(...) Paul and Gael, I can help you out here. I'll keep two aside... Mark (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Help! I'd like a mini TIE fighter!

(...) If anyone had one for me, I'd like one too. The same magazine in FR doesn't have the mini tie :-((( I asked a friend in UK to look for me, but he didn't manage to find any. I suppose someone went there before him... Gael (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars)

  Help! I'd like a mini TIE fighter!

<sigh> Looks like I completely missed the boat on this one. That will teach me to fly off to Haiti for a couple of weeks. If anyone has a spare one, and they don't want too much over the odds for it, please email me. Thanks! Paul. --- (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building the ISD myself seemed like too much work...

(...) I posted your link to the NILTC mail list and they are rolling over there. My favorite panel by far is Vadar opening up that giant S@H box. That was great. Fantastic work and thanks for the laugh. (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MOC: Nexu

"Bruce Lowell" <bruce@kus-numa.net> wrote in message news:H6v6sJ.9BG@lugnet.com... (...) _ j o n -- | Lego - (URL) Shipyard - (URL) Moonbase - (URL) Store - (URL) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: ISD dimensions

(...) The stand is physically attached to the model and is not removable, so yes, it does include the stand. Adrian (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: ISD dimensions

In lugnet.starwars, Adrian Drake writes: Thanks! But, just one more quick question (...) Is that 17 inches include the stand? - Steve (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building the ISD myself seemed like too much work...

(...) Reminds me of something my mother told me once, "There is a fine line between hobby and insanity." (...) Great work Adrian-made my day. Kyle (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building the ISD myself seemed like too much work...

Haahaahahaahaa....<deep breath>...haaahaahaa...a...<thud> That's awesome Adrian. Made my day. -Chris (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building the ISD myself seemed like too much work...

That's hillarious :) -- Pawel (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building the ISD myself seemed like too much work...

(...) I've wanted to do another comic style story since my Castle World stories from last year. I'd been playing around with some comic strip ideas but hadn't had anything concrete. Then when the ISD arrived, inspiration struck, and I rolled from (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: ISD dimensions

(...) Length: 39 inches Width: 24 inches Height: 17 inches Leave a few inches in each direction for clearance. It seems to measure a little bigger than what Lego says, but mayber there's some expansion in my neck of the woods. Cheers Adrian -- (URL) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact