 Star Wars / 14888
Re: Star Wars LDraw Models by Nth Dimension Website
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:25:40 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ahui Herrera writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Will Chapman writes:

Thanks. I followed the LPub installation instruction, downloaded & installed
the other components (l3GO, PovRay, MegaPOV, MLCad, etc.), and successfully
rendered my mpd.

However, when I look at the MegaPOV tab in LPub, it is completely blank!  I
even placed the MegaPOV exe in the POVRay /bin directory as instructed, to
no avail.

Is there a trick to getting LPub to recognize that MegaPOV is "installed" &
available, and automagically expose the settings in the tab?

1. Open LPub
2. Click on the POV tab
3. Click on the Rendering tab
4. Click on the drop-down menu and choose "MEGA-POV => POV-Ray 3.1
5. Now the MEGAPOV Tab shoul be enabled.

Note make SURE you downloaded POV-Ray 3.1g for windows and NOT POV-Ray 3.5.
MEGAPov CANNOT WORK with 3.5.  On the POV-Ray website you need to go to
there archive section to download 3.1g.

Lastly a tip to rendering with MEGAPOV Find_edge.
Use these values when rendering at a 1024 x 768 size for best lines results.
Dept Diff. = 2
Angle Diff = .35
Color Diff. = .2
Width = 1.2
Sharpeness = 20
Color of line = Black

If you want to render in a smaller image size  you will need to change the
values somewhat.  I don't know to what as I render at 1024 x 768 and then
shrink the image later on if I need to in powerpoint when making my BIs.
The general thinking is make the biggest image you will need as you can
always shrink later but not the other way around.

-AHui
LDraw Help Desk

Also, I found it really great if you turn reflections to 0. This gives the
smooth shading, or "cell shading" effect. Reflection statements are found in
the color definitions, just do a find for "reflection" and you should see
it. Set all of those to 0 and render with find_edges, using shadowless light.

-Tim