 Star Wars / *14498 (-100)
  Re: *Star* Destroyer?

No, it's just called a "Star Destroyer" for the same reason that the USS Enterprise is a "Starship". The Enterprise is a Ship designed to operate amongst the stars - likewise the SD is simply a military vessel operating in space. Andrew. "Mark (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: *Star* Destroyer?

(...) No, the Star Destroyer could never destroyer a star. in ANH Han made the comment that all the ships in the starfleet could not destroy a planet (being Aldeeran) I suspect it is called a "Star Destroyer" for the fearsome name. the Empire ruled (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Z-95 Headhunter

Hey All, I don't usually post here (I'm a .castle guy) but my cousin is a Star Wars MOC builder and he built this recently. He isn't a Lugnet member so I am posting this for him. Here is a link to the pics. (URL) and all comments are welcome, thanks (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  *Star* Destroyer?

Can the Imperial Star Destroyer really destroy stars? I mean, didn't it take something the size of the Death Star to destroy a mere planet? Maybe these would more aptly be named "Imperial Ship Destroyer" and "Death Planet"... Mark (energizing (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Has anyone ever tried to build this before?

(...) Well, I just mentioned it because I saw people build a TIE Fighter, a TIE Bomber, a TIE Interceptor, and one other kind of TIE with three wing pylons but I forgot the name of it and no one had ever built one on LUGNET before and I was (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

(...) Your loss dude. I have to totally disagree with your perception of the "great AFOL community". See my post here: (URL) . I've seen lots of positives here, and have been glad to have this online community to share with and learn from. Much like (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

(...) Did it occur to you that perhaps a lot of the people who read Lugnet also read FBTB and might reply there? I think that generally people don't post in both places. In any case, making a drama queen "woe is me, I'm leaving whilst slamming the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

"Guybrush" <REMOVECAPSguybrush@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:H4wMvF.AwM@lugnet.com... (...) section (...) For me, it's "OK, so I don't get any replys on LUGNET about a MOC. Let's see what's going on with the photos I put up on BrickShelf?" I (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

Jon, I think he'd like your stuff better if you called them "customs." James (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

(...) You're right. It's the 2 step approach you followed. Step 1: Post message about MOC Step 2: Post another message a day later bemoaning lack of feedback and tell group you're taking you ball and going home. But you're still here. If Lugnet (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

(...) Ahh...cool, thanks. I'll eventually be a full member (Gareth, take note, your problem might just lie in your attitude). Right now I'm happy just being able to post. Thanks again. -Stefan- (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

Look everyone Gareth the Great sent me a touching reply via email. I'm going to stoop to his level and post it for all to see: (...) What a guy! (...) did (...) He's referring to something completely unrelated which occurred on FBTB. Look it up if (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: LEGO NBA Draft has started...

(...) Speaking of which, how can you have an NBA collection of any sort without Jordan? I'd love to see a 'classic' line with Rodman, David Robinson, Larry Bird, Magic J, etc. (...) I wholeheartedly agree :) especially since LEGO hairpieces are (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

Well, I'm glad I came back to read replies, if only for these two. As for negative feedback or questions, that's what I come here in search of. As nice as it is to hear "that's great" it doesn't help me build any better. When I first started posting (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Ewok Celebration Diorama

AC, This is definately your best diarama yet! I really hate this scene in the movie, but I love this diorama! The details like the helmets drums and such make it pop! out Tony Knaak (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ewok Celebration Diorama

That's Luke Jedi's torso with the camo print that comes from the Speeder Bikes set #7128. Regards, ACPin & Sons (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

(...) You've got to be a Lugnet member using the web-interface in order to highlight or spotlight a post. You don't have to be a Lugnet member to post to Lugnet, but there are lots of cool tidbits you get for being a member ($10 fee currently) A (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

(...) I agree with David. Gareth, your creations are awesome, but I didn't see this post until today. You have to give the online community some time to respond. And if they don't respond chill. Check to see if the post got highlighted or if you (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Ewok Celebration Diorama

Yet another great job Amado! The part where the ewok is drumming on the helmet is cool. Gotta be one of the best to date! Keep up the good work. Hasta La Vista, Sean Is the camo torso custom or official? (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

(...) Maybe you didn't realize that the "A" in AFOL stands for "Adult," not "Able-to-drop-everyt...Wars-MOC." I would guess that most of the _Adult_ readers of lugnet.starwars have other things to do. How 'bout developing an app that sits in my (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

(...) It's kinda sad-- I remember getting bummed my first couple times when I'd post a creation and not get any responses, but really, that's not why you should be posting. If you're posting because you're looking for praise, then I agree with you. (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

(...) Dude. Some folk didn't see your post until today. And, you did give AMPLE time for people to respond. First post: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:27:03 GMT Second post: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 15:54:51 GMT And, you didn't post in the announce MOC group. (ya know (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

"Guybrush" <REMOVECAPSguybrush@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:H4wMvF.AwM@lugnet.com... (...) section (...) Oh boo hoo. How childish. Perhaps if you didn't ONLY build Star Wars MOCs (oh pardon me, *customs*) over and over again. I have NEVER (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

(...) Wah. *plays air violin* ~GAMH (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

(...) Ignored again. So much for the great AFOL community. Won't be posting here any more. (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Incredible EpIII Lego Trailer

for dial up, right click and choose "save target as" and download it. Works better on a local machine anyway. I know this works for IE5+ but not too sure about NS. Jeremy (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Has anyone ever tried to build this before?

i posted too soon. going to google.com and searching for "lego tie raptor" turns this up: (URL) a few others, i think. -lenny (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Has anyone ever tried to build this before?

TIE Raptor: here's a picture I found on the internet: (URL) did a search of brickshelf and found nothing, but while the model doesn't look particularly difficult, i didn't find it all that appealing. it doesn't have the sleek sharp-ness of the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Incredible EpIII Lego Trailer

(...) It took me an hour to download the trailer on a Dial-up connection. It was definately worth it. That was awesome. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the real episode III has a very similar story either. (...) Agreed. (...) -Mike Petrucelli (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Has anyone ever tried to build this before?

I tried to find your gallery on brickshelf do you have a website with your creations? (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Has anyone ever tried to build this before?

To those of you who have built TIE space craft before, there is a new variety of TIE that has never been built in LUGNET. I was reading a Star Wars: X-Wing series book and it is the seventh in the series. Anyway, when I got to page 320, I found a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  New Blasters!

Go to fbtb.net to see some really cool NEW "SW" blasters! (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Incredible EpIII Lego Trailer

Greetings, A few of you may have already seen this, and perhaps already posted about it, but fbtb.net is currently hosting an amazing fan created EpIII trailer that has production values easily on par with the official Han Solo Affair. It really is (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ewok Celebration Diorama

Just used one spotlight to give the effect of the night sky and three of those Imperials have already been served! Did you notice the helmets used as drums? The three Jedi ghosts are on the bridge between the two trees on the right side and there's (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ewok Celebration Diorama

It's taken awhile for us to get back to Endor after the previous dioramas we've done on it. But we think it was worth the effort in how it turned out. Yeah it would be cool if this can be produced as a set but just the amount of minifigs required to (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Destroyer Lighting

(...) I have seen light bricks at Bricklink for much cheaper, like $5.00. But you have a valid point...it's not going to be an inexpensive thing to light the ISD. And if you have a kaybee toys outlet, check there for the Star Trek Enterprise (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

It's up via the front page link at (URL) for some reasons the front page link isn't there, go the Gareth section and it's under Naboo Starfighter. Enjoy! (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Ewok Celebration Diorama

Yub yub! Great work. Bruce (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ewok Celebration Diorama

That's really pretty cool, especially with that lighting. I like the captured Imperials! Are they doomed to be dinner? Shouldn't there be a burning Vader corpse and some ghosts off to the side? (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ewok Celebration Diorama

Amazing stuff Amado...I think this is you and your team's best work to date. Not only is the scene captured, but it really feels like a set that could be produced (although at great cost). A question for you. One of the rebels has a torso that looks (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ewok Celebration Diorama

Thanks and that's just the regular walker which we used as a filler together with the two speederbikes on its sides. If you click on any of the pics from the webpage of the diorama, it will open a new window from SSG where a lot more pics can be (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ewok Celebration Diorama

LANDO! ...ahem... sorry. Very nice. I can't think of single better use for those rope bridges - except perhaps for that scene in The Temple of Doom... Allister is that a custom walker? can we see more? (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Destroyer Lighting

I wonder if that would be expensive? A single such light from shop.lego.com is US$9.99. I don't have trains, so no spare lighting parts of my own. Perhaps Technic 1x2 beams (with a hole) can be used with LEDs or a single internal light source. (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Ewok Celebration Diorama

Check out our latest diorama from our homepage, Ewok Celebration; (URL) the destruction of the second Death Star, the rebels celebrate their victory on the forest moon of Endor. As Luke the Jedi Master ponders about the future, the three Jedi (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: LEGO NBA Draft has started...

Does anyone know how many NBA figures TLC is planning on releasing? I wonder if they have to get permission from the players's agents before making a figure of them? Who are your predictions? What sort of sets do you think we'll see? I'm pretty (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Destroyer Lighting

I like your idea of using train-set lights, as well as some green elements for the lasers. The model is rather monochromatic as it is. BTW, did you see the foldout in the LSAH catalog? Outstanding! Now how many pieces would I need to build it to (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Costco finds

The Costco in Pentagon City VA has the following: --#7163 Republic Gunship @ 69.99 ($20 off S@H price) --#4730 The Chamber of Secrets @ 57.94 ($12 off S@H price) Also (not into these so didn't get specifics) --Bionicle --Galidor (I think) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: LEGO NBA Draft has started...

(...) Don't feel bad about not knowing Toni Kukoc, he was a pretty good role player with the Chicago Bulls during the Jordan era, but has done little else of note since then. He is from Croatia, so naturally he is white. Kobe Bryant is black, (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Destroyer Lighting

(...) Well, there are certainly a number of light sets that you could use out there. The most easily accessible one, though, would probably be the light sets that are operated from the LEGO Trains series. Also, though this is optional, you could (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO NBA Draft has started...

(...) Kukoc is caucasian, so it looks like they got around the "yellow" issue by making black and white players with out using yellow. That kind of keeps a balance in the LEGO world. jt (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO NBA Draft has started...

(...) Woo-hoo! Bring on Mace and Lando! Very interestingly, they have two colors here. I'll have to display my basketball ignorance here, but I don't know the players Kukoc and Kidd. Does the tan head indicate an African-American with a lighter (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Destroyer Lighting

(...) It may not need fiber optics given its size. A network of 1x2 light bricks would work for most of the model, with maybe a brighter set used for the thrusters. Theinterior would appear to have more than enough room for interior light sources (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Star Destroyer Lighting

The Imperial Star Destroyer (10030) would be perfect if it were illuminated from the inside. Imagine multiple points of light along the sides of the vessel, on the control tower, and lighting in the hangar bay and of course the thrusters. The model (...) (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: looking for scans of individual pod boxes from 7171

(...) Got them. thanks. (...) (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.starwars)

  looking for scans of individual pod boxes from 7171

Does anyone have scans of the individual boxes for 7171-G Gasgano's podracer (the green one) and 7171-S Sebulba's podracer (the orange one) ? I want to list these on ebay individually and would like to have just a picture of each. If anyone has (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.starwars)

  star destroyer

At LegoWorld 2002, in the Netherlands, the Star Destroyer was shown! I made several hi-res pictures, please take a look for yourselve (URL) for: destroyer and you will find the rest as well with regards Gerrit Bronsveld (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

Still waiting for the Eugenics Wars to happen ;) -Lucas Thompson (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Well, According to CANON Sources, Star Wars takes place ? A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away?; this PROVES it REALLY happened in OUR *gasp* universe! Also, Star Trek CANON TV shows reference our REAL history! IT?S ALL REAL, PEOPLE! So, (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  UCS TIE/D Fighter

Check out our latest UCS MOC from our homepage, TIE Droid Unit Fighter; (URL) click on the thumbnails to get to the pics and your comments, critiques are appreciated. Regards, ACPin & Sons (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) I think that the point is that if Endor has a very low density but the same gravity at the surface as Earth, then the mass and diameter are both much greater than Earth, because gravity goes by the distance between the center of mass of the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Interesting. Very, interesting. Then again the Borg never seem to take advantage of betazed telepathy or other "force-like" powers found in the Star Trek universe. Still it is an interesting concept that, like you said, we would really need to (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Makes me wonder, though-- being that the Borg are a collective of actual living objects, ya gotta wonder if they were transplanted in the SW universe, whether they'd have *fantastic* Force powers. It's not really clear how the Force works, (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Capturing without destroying is far harder than simply destroying, and they didn't have any problems at all. Remember the most of the shots fired were ion cannons not turbolasers. (...) I think you have that backwards. One heavy turbolaser (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

Hey guys, can we FUT this on to lugnet.off-topic.geek ? Just wonderin'. Not meanin' to offend anyone, but let's move it on over there. Chris <>< space. (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) No contest at all--the ISD was having problems capturing the little RBR... Borg would eat the ISD for breakfast-- "We are Borg--We now know about 'the Force'--Resistance is futile" ;) Dave K (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

Of course, the real comparison is between the ISD and a Borg Cube :) (URL) it's the comparison to make for a who would win debate ;) -Lucas Thompson (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) message (...) I see, yes, the word crap is often given a negative connotation. I guess I figured writing it as 'crap' would have indicated it was meant in a joking fashion. (...) therefore invalidating (...) Ah, I though the Dark Horse (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Shaun Sullivan/Joel Kuester in SW mag

Anyone who subscribes to the SW Insider, the official fan club magazine for Star Wars, will notice that a member of LEGO PR gives props to Shaun's AT-AT and Joel's Sandcrawler (although no names were mentioned) as being shown at the FBTB display at (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  7142 ships in North America

I received my Ship Notification from S@H on my order for 7142 on Saturday (10/19). Jeff J (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

Ok, I'm beginning to see the problem here. You seem to have quite a few misconceptions about the items in question. Let me see if I can clear them up for you. (...) The term "crap" tends to be more rude then polite. ;) :) (...) Ok, I think this is (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Ok well, I wasn't trying to be rude, and I appologize if that is how my message was recieved. I certainly agree that there is plenty of entertainment value in 'ignored' sources. (...) the (...) a (...) Droids was not originally published by (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) I don't think that *I'm* missing the point, actually. :) (...) There is no need to be rude; we're all friends here. I rather enjoyed Splinter of the Mind's Eye, and the Droids comics are hilarious. (...) Actually, Lucasfilm policy has been to (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: More LEGOworld 2002 pictures

It was one of two pillars with traintrack surrounding with a bridge between them. You can see better pictures on: (URL) Bogaard "Peter Young" <pyoung@liveitnerd.com> wrote in message news:H4A2uv.Kwy@lugnet.com... (...) sure (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

Great photos! Some awesome works there! One construction I wasn't too sure on is picture 136-3653_img.jpg. What is it? Peter Young. "Wendel Bogaard" <w.bogaard@chello.nl> wrote in message news:H46p1E.BGt@lugnet.com... (...) 18th (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Sorry, I was implying capital ships-- Fighters, etc, you definitely have a point with the figures. But for ships like ISD's, SSD, Mon Cal Cruisers, Rebel Transports, Blockade Runner, etc, I just can't imagine that the models were intentionally (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Finally, another voice of reason! Thanks, Mike. I've been away from this argument since I first chimed in, and I am STUNNED that people STILL try to robotically spout the "company line" coming from offcial sources which simple repeat old (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Dave, if they didn't design models with a specific scale intended, they wouldn't put figures in the cockpits! the X-wings, Y-wings, and TIE's from Ep. 4 were ALL BUILT to the same scale (1 to 24? I can't remember), and all had pilots of equal (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: Pictures from Legoworld 2002 - lots of Star Dest. pics

(...) I know where they are. Or at least I have a theory. See the small, saucer shaped turret in the brim trench in this pic? (URL) figure the only way for those binoculars to be attached there is the t-piece. (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Best site for SW vs ST calcs. (Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?)

Alright you are completely missing the point here. The order of canon is for resolving arguments (usually related specifically to technological arguments) within the continuity. Most of the 'crap' you mentioned is contradicted by the movies and is (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) The website database has been written by an author hired by LFL to write an official reference (the database) that has been published (also the database). Therefore, any information contained within that reference (the database) is as official (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Pictures from Legoworld 2002 - lots of Star Dest. pics

(...) well. (...) Kind of wacky. They have the 8 Heavy Turbolaser Turrets on top, but did not put 1x1 plates scattered on the surface to represent the dozens of Light Turbolaser Turrets and Ion Cannons. Anyone else notice that the model is of an (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Those two are Ignored. (...) That one might be 'official' as nothing in it blatantly contradicts any of the movies. (...) Sorry, no Idea where that one is from, it does sound familiar, like I have read it, but I can't place it. (...) -Mike (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Ok its been a while since I read any of the books, (they really started going down hill and that is putting nicely,) so the newer Del Rey book are probablly official sources at the very least. Splinter of the Mind's Eye was rendered completly (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Eh? Isn't _Splinter of the Mind's Eye_ in the official lists of books, as well as the other books originally published by Del Rey (Brian Daley's Han Solo novels, L. Neil Smith's (odd) Lando Calrissian novels, and all the books published since (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Pictures from Legoworld 2002 - lots of Star Dest. pics

Forgot to post this in .starwars: (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) What about "Chewbacca's Life Day" or whatever it was called? Or that Droids cartoon? And how about that Ewok made-for-tv movie? 8^) Actually, you're probably the guy to ask--I recall many many years ago reading something in which Luke was (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Well the 'Official' order of canon is as follows: -Movies -Novels of Movies -Radio Dramas of Movies Not quite canon but overruling 'official' sources are: -Expansion Novels originally published by Bantam Books -Expansion Comics originally (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: More LEGOworld 2002 pictures

(...) It looks like we're already seeing evidence that the peeron inventory of it is a bit off (not that I don't appreciate the work that went into its creation!) There's visibly more than 2 6x12 grey tiles. I'd suggest that perhaps the # of 6x12 (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Ah yes, I had forgotten those-- I wonder which order the two would be in themselves? IE would data in the novels be considered better than the radio dramas? I think I'd assume that to be the case. So: - Movies - Novels - Radio Dramas - (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) The novels of the movies and the original radio dramas are also canon after the movie in that order. [snip] (...) You say it would be 137 feet tall like it isn't about that. Watch 'Empire' where luke "magna-grapling hooks" his way up to the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Pictures from Legoworld 2002 - lots of Star Dest. pics

Dutch Lego show, link is from an RTL posting -- these pics are not mine, but there wasn't really a name associated with the post or the webpage. Lots of pics of the Star Destroyer, and a bunch of other neat models as well. (URL) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars) !

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Some of them sure are :) (...) Yeah, unfortunately, the guage of "accurate" could be measured: #1 - Canon - anything taken DIRECTLY from the RELEASED movies. Even scripts or uncompleted scenes aren't canon. #2 - Official - anything lisenced by (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

Whoops, these were not deep linked. Let's try that again: Trains and town (URL) Wars (Star Destoyer!) (URL) hope this works better. "Wendel Bogaard" <w.bogaard@chello.nl> wrote in message news:H46p1E.BGt@lugnet.com... (...) 18th (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  More LEGOworld 2002 pictures

More pictures of LEGOworld 2002 in Zwolle (the Netherlands) on October 18th 2002!!! Check: (URL) reviewed. Some previews: Town and trains (URL) Wars (URL) Potter (URL) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Ep 2 Comming to IMAX November 1st

Just got this in SW Homing Beacon #71 (URL) only shows IMAX theaters in the US and Canada. Adrian Egli (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) You are forgeting one very important thing here. Canon sources (the actual movie) overrule any and all offical sources. This is the stated policy of Lucasfilm, Paramount(Star Trek), and pretty much every major anything. In Empire Strikes Back (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) You can NOT go based off what the SW.com database has. That is not offical! (Hear me out before you start screaming). Mr Lucas himself did NOT enter in the data into the DB. But Mr. Lucas himeself did supervise and create all the stuff for the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Hop-Frog, you've got it all wrong!

(URL) The problem with EPII wasn't a feeble story or lame acting or the unbelievable love affair between the beautiful young senator and her creepy-obsessive-bro...chopath... The problem is with The Internet. I particularly love this bit: (...) Oh, (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

The conclusions drawn by Dr. Saxton in his Technical Commentaries are false. The "true" (as true as any fictional ship can get) length of a Super Star Destroyer is either 12,800 meters as stated on SW.com's databanks, or the 8000 meter RPG length. (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

<delurk again... can't.... resist.... geekness...> So a SSD built to minifig scale (assuming the 1 stud = 1 foot convention, or 1:39) would be a smidge over 450m (1476 feet) long. I prefer a 4 studs to the meter (1:32) scale for minifigs, which (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact