 Star Wars / 14478
Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 17:08:15 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Gareth Bowler writes:
Ignored again. So much for the great AFOL community. Won't be posting here
any more.

It's kinda sad-- I remember getting bummed my first couple times when I'd
post a creation and not get any responses, but really, that's not why you
should be posting. If you're posting because you're looking for praise, then
I agree with you. Don't post here. Don't post at FBTB. *Don't post*. Only
post if you want to give input to the community, or want specific feedback
or answers to questions. And *DON'T* be sour about getting either *no*

Personally, I try never to reply to a neat MOC except if I have a specific
question about it, or maybe even if there's a particular detail which I
think other people may have missed. If I want to say "Cool MOC!", I
highlight and/or spotlight a post. (Only on Lugnet, obviously)

Forum commentary:
----------------------------
Lugnet used to be a flood of "Wow, awesome!" posts. And while people liked
to get the replies, they just became noise if it was for a model you DIDN'T
create or especially a model you didn't even care for. And, as a result,
that sort of thing has died down a *lot* on Lugnet. Sure, it still happens
now and again, but lots less than it did.

FBTB still has that flood of praise thing going. But then again, FBTB forums
are newer, have a lower population, and I think the average age is also
lower than here on Lugnet. FBTB kinda discourages me for that reason. It's a
lot harder to separate the 'true gold' from all the other "Wow, you're so
cool Tim/Gareth/Greg/______!" posts. There is a lot of activity there, and
as such I still like to frequent it, but it really takes me more time to
find something worthwhile to respond to on FBTB...

$.02,
DaveE

(I feel like I should FUT .debate, but it's not really o-t)