 Star Wars / 14463
Re: Star Destroyer Lighting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:58:10 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ari M. Weinstein writes:
I wonder if that would be expensive? A single such light from shop.lego.com
is US$9.99. I don't have trains, so no spare lighting parts of my own.

Perhaps Technic 1x2 beams (with a hole) can be used with LEDs or a single
internal light source.

I have seen light bricks at Bricklink for much cheaper, like $5.00. But you
have a valid point...it's not going to be an inexpensive thing to light the ISD.

And if you have a kaybee toys outlet, check there for the Star Trek Enterprise
Incident model kit...they are olde models that originally cost $40, now you can
get for about $5. They have most of what you would want to work with: fiber
optics, grain of rice lights, some wiring. You'll just need the larger kights
then, which you can get at Radio Shack.

If you can't find one of the model kits, send me an e-mail!

Joe Meno