 Star Wars / 14453
Re: Star Destroyer Lighting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 18:21:38 GMT

I like your idea of using train-set lights, as well as some green elements
for the lasers. The model is rather monochromatic as it is.

BTW, did you see the foldout in the LSAH catalog? Outstanding!

Now how many pieces would I need to build it to scale? Hmmm....

In lugnet.starwars, Jesse Alan Long writes:
Well, there are certainly a number of light sets that you could use out
there.  The most easily accessible one, though, would probably be the light
sets that are operated from the LEGO Trains series.  Also, though this is
optional, you could find some way to make some green lights for the lasers
in the Star Destroyer using the same or a similar system.  This is just my
two bits into this conversation and I hope that you found at least some of
this to be helpful.

Anyway, pertaining to said Star Destroyer, it is huge but, unfortunately,
not to LEGO miniature figure scale, which would be between 30 to 60 feet
long and it has a crew of roughly 38,075 but I am not sure that it includes
the droids, TIE pilots, and other assisstant personnel.  Does anyone want to
make a LEGO miniature figure scale of a Star Destroyer?  Anyone?  Oh well.