 Star Wars / 14471
Re: Has anyone ever tried to build this before?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 05:20:57 GMT

TIE Raptor:
here's a picture I found on the internet:
http://www.stormsxwa.com/tierapt.html

i did a search of brickshelf and found nothing, but while the model doesn't
look particularly difficult, i didn't find it all that appealing.  it doesn't
have the sleek sharp-ness of the Interceptor, and i think that might be why
people haven't built much of it.

-lenny

In lugnet.starwars, Jesse Alan Long writes:
To those of you who have built TIE space craft before, there is a new
variety  of TIE that has never been built in LUGNET.  I was reading a Star
Wars: X-Wing series book and it is the seventh in the series.  Anyway, when
I got to page 320, I found a reference to a new type of TIE space craft, one
named a TIE Raptor.  TIE Raptors are specially modified TIEs that were made
under the direction of a very dangerous warlord named General Zsinj.  The
description says, "There were three incoming TIEs, and they were of a type
that he'd never seen before.  They had the standard TIE ball cockpit, but
lacked wing pylons.  Instead, four trapezoidal wings, smaller than half the
size of a regular TIE fighter's wings, protruded from the cockpit at even
intervals."  If anyone knows more about this kind of TIE, please let me know
and, for the rest of us on LUGNET, will you please be kind and build the
rest of us one so we know what it looks like?  Thank you for your attention.

Jesse Long