 Star Wars / 14418
Re: Pictures from Legoworld 2002 - lots of Star Dest. pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 02:55:33 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Jardine writes:
Forgot to post this in .starwars:

In lugnet.general, Jeff Jardine writes:
In lugnet.general, Kevin Johnston writes:

Lots of pics of the Star Destroyer, and a bunch of other neat models as • well.

http://www.intuh.net/lego/

I was wondering why Lego didn't provide any decent top view pics.
The gap down the middle looks quite glaring in this pic:

http://www.intuh.net/lego/img_1623.htm

It looks 2+ studs wide at the foot of the superstructure.
It's still a beauty, tho.

Kind of wacky.  They have the 8 Heavy Turbolaser Turrets on top, but did not
put 1x1 plates scattered on the surface to represent the dozens of Light
Turbolaser Turrets and Ion Cannons.  Anyone else notice that the model is of an
Imperial-I class ship rather than the more common Imperial-II class ship. Of
course that makes perfect sense as the original movie used the Imperial-I class
ship and as it comes with a scale Tantive IV... Most of the pictures on the
internet are of the Imperial-II class Star Destroyer seen in Empire and ROTJ. I
should point out that there is no size difference in the two different classes,
the most obvious difference is the sensor array between the two shield
generator domes.  Also the Imperial-II has more Turbolaser Turrets.

-Mike Petrucelli