 General / 39200
Re: LEGO NBA Draft has started...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 10:16:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott Costello writes:
Don't feel bad about not knowing Toni Kukoc, he was a pretty good role
player with the Chicago Bulls during the Jordan era, but has done little
else of note since then. He is from Croatia, so naturally he is white. Kobe

Speaking of which, how can you have an NBA collection of any sort without
Jordan? I'd love to see a 'classic' line with Rodman, David Robinson, Larry
Bird, Magic J, etc.

Bryant is black, (before anyone starts any kind of flame I follow Thomas
Jefferson's belief that there are no "-americans", you are either African or
American, but I digress) and I wish they would have included his old school
huge afro he wore a couple of years ago. Finally Jason Kidd is black, but

I wholeheartedly agree :) especially since LEGO hairpieces are removable anyway!

I actually like the way TLC skirted the color issue, making these figures in
the exact likeness of the players rather than dark brown vs. yellow. My

Again, total agreement. I like how they skirted that issue as well. Of
course, now they'll have to release a famous actors line so we could go back
and redo the recently licensed sets. That is, if you wanted to. I'd
personally love to have the option of redoing my kits with Mark Hamil,
Harrison Ford, Daniel Radcliffe etc minifigs.

Come to think of it, they *shouldn't* do Mace and Lando in brown... they
should probably keep the issue skirted by releasing Samuel L Jackson and
Billy Dee Williams minifigs instead. (Or even Samuel L Jackson as Mace
Windo, just to differentiate the realistic themed minifigs from the classic
yellows).

question is why, other than complexion would you pick these three? Bryant • ...
Personally I am most looking forward to a
Shawn Bradley figure, no he is not all that good but come on the guy is 7-6,
you gotta make him in creator scale to keep the dimensions correct.

Scott
Lots of agreement here... where's Shaq? Vince Carter? And I want a little
LEGO Steve Nash!

Hope NHL players are next, eh? (I meant in terms of sports franchises. I
still think they should release a Studios: Actor's minifig line ASAP).

Mark W.